Spartans Home

NFS: World

SirSmokalot

Well game is ok for being free so far. Its an Arcade racer but a massive multiplayer with other people and Ai on the streets.

Check it out for yourself, you get $35,000 to start out to buy a car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlapBAuZRl8&feature=related

Need for speed info site and download

Cars are either restricted by price or level you need to be in order to get the car. There are multipliers you can get that help woith progressing to another level but they only last for 7days. This helps with buying things that are scored out of reach, but you may have the money. Now I will warn you though Tier 2 cars cost a ton of money and some require like level 20 or 25, and so on with Tier 3. (this is with purchasing, not "renting".)

Try it for yourself, I at lest like free roam mode, brings back days when i had a '91 240sx (S13). Seems like ever since Underground I've started with that car and did well. After all its a well balanced rear wheel driver ;)

My names the same as in Shift FYI: smokalot

Edited by SirSmokalot

I will add though you can rent some hot cars for some boost for several days. If you hadn't guessed you can purchase bulks of "Boost" as the game itself is free.

There is however the MazdaSpeed package you can get for $20, gets you $8000 in boost.

So far up till this time I splurged for the Mazda package and an extra 1500 for $5.

From the time I first posted till this post is how long it took me to go from start to level 5 (2.5 hrs?)

Bought a car; painted it; played around with customizations trying to figure out why i couldn't do anything at the start(which is actually good for game balance); raced looked around map, etc....basically casually played the game, in which i think you can probably get to level 5 maybe within an hour(possibly?).

I've done quite a few quick races and bought a couple powerupsetc etc, Now I'm able to customize the car i bought and actually access the tier 2 cars (for rental...no purchase...hmmm looking still). Some have been unlocked and and noticed the Tier 3 cars I can unlock at 10!

For a free game, its not bad, haven't tested controller or wheel yet as all i really needed was the keyboard honestly. I actually thought it was fun for a while and could see playing with you guys for fun. I have to say the roaming feature of seeing others online is catchy though.

I will say this, if you have alot of experience with the NFS: Underground series , 2 and Most Wanted,. you will be in familiar territory and if you found those fun you might enjoy this! Don't go into this expecting a racing sim, its basically arcade with a slight small twist.

Also if you like slurpee's you can redeem your code for car rental or possibly win a starter pack with money and certain powerups.

Slurpee Nation bonus code program.

Edited by SirSmokalot

Bat this will definitely be up your alley.

I didn't give it a test yet with my 360 remote but I'me sure there's got to be some support for this as well.

On that note Batwing, may I suggest you get a new or even possibly used Xbox 360 wired remote? New they run about $30 (US) and they work in most games fairly well with the drivers MS has.

Hey Smoke,

I set up the game and sent you the friend request :)

About the controller, I guess i have one in the closet. It also has the Force feedback.. it is a Saitek something Rumbling.

I have it since about 4 yrs and I used probably 3 times. I hate with all my heart those kind of controllers. i really cannot have it working comfy for me.

I can give it another shot, but I am pretty happy the way this simple game (which is nothing more than "Most Wanted", ported for free) works with the keyboard :)

Very casual game, but this is probably the level I can enjoy as a racer :)

lol..