Spartans Home

Tacdom 17/9/2010

custard~SPARTA~

Even better than last week top M/Cing job and as allways I enjoyed Durka's SLdership soz for bailing at start of next AO whilst SL that suked.

The topic of CQB and what direction members of fireteams should be looking in came up, from my squad it massively helped that a. Durka knows whats what and b. constantly reminded everyone there fire lane. I don't think anyone else can do what Durka does so we need to practice.

IMO we should practice with ppl that are playing regularly at the same time because it's easier to learn that way cos playing with the same ppl you get to know there qwerks.

Unless you have been trained in real life (I haven't) or played games with ppl who know CQB tactics it's incredebly hard to concentrate on your fire lane when it's all kicking off just over your shoulder and it takes a massive amount of faith/trust in your teamates. It would also help you if you had the sthud and digitalcompass mods. Durka made me tail end charlie at one point and cos of the sthud the whole time I could look at our six cos I could see when the team moved I didn't need to look I could just walk backwards the whole time.

Thanks Cus. It does take a heck of a lot of practice, and I'm not the best at urban movement, but I picked a style and ran with it. The hardest part is situational awareness having trust in your teammates to move in accordance with you. Also communication is key. I think of movement and communication as an accordian. If everything's going in sync and a bad note is played, or no note at all, it breaks down the whole song.

When it comes to covering lanes, the most important thing is picking a 12o'clock and sticking with it until it needs to be changed, and be sure to give a visual reference to your team. Example: You're moving down a road going NW. The end of that road is your 12o'clock. Or you're moving through a field towards a radio tower. The tower is your direction of movement and your 12. When calling out targets or waypoints, it's easier to use that as a reference instead of a compass direction.

As for "Lanes," some like to cover each other back-to-back. I prefer to see my people even if it increases the risk of FF. That way I can see them if they go down. If communication is present, that shouldn't happen. So if I'm moving down a road, I have the team on the left watch the right, and vise versa. Left will move up to a doorway or a corner, and the right will either tell them danger is in there, or clear it for them. Crossing a road becomes a little more tricky.

gallery_8_48_26369.jpg

The guy on the right who is covering would be the one to move up to the road first. There's always a risk, but the movement can be timed well so both areas are covered in almost the same time.