Spartans Home

I want.

MedicSN6

The term Pistol is used when there is no shoulder stock so the user has to rely on dominant hand strength to control recoil and optionally, off-hand strength to assist in aiming.

No.

If it's long enough to need to grasp the barrel it ain't no stinkin' pistol, sans shoulder stock or not. Just like an Uzi is considered a sub-machine gun. Pistol = handgun = able to be fired one-handed (effectively).

How is that shotgun any different from this shotgun:

Stryker12.jpg

On this matter I shall not relent.banana.gif

It is modified Saiga anyway, right?

No, it's a modified AA12, which they cut the stock off of. The AA12 was developed for the military and was originally designed to be fully-automatic. Then the military realized they only use shotguns for breaching and base patrols, and that the damn thing weighs 12 lbs, and scrapped the project.

hmm, interesting. Would that be considered a "sawed off" type of shotgun? Aren't the barrels on those things supposed to be a defined length?

According to federal law, shotguns with a barrel length less than 18" are "short-barreled shotguns" and require a permit and a $200 tax-stamp. Many states, California included unfortunately, outlaw SBS's. The same laws apply to rifles with a barrel length less than 16". That's why many civilian legal ARs are sold with a 16.25" barrel.

The weapon looks cool but not very effective at ranges over 20 yards unless they use a slug. The barrel looks like it's 7 inches. Your loosing a lot of fps with the short barrel. I suspect if use 3" to 3.5" magnums you'll gain power but loose the chance for a second shot(barrel climb). A Bullpup style would be better for CQB.