Spartans Home

DUST

Ebden~SPARTA~

There was a post some time ago about DUST514, the FPS from EVE. I just had a look a the site, and a couple months' ago they announced a few more dandy bits like using the unreal engine for the game.

Is this thing going to be a PC release? In the pre-launch registry, they require both a PS3 and Xbox gamertag. I just stuck in my regular name 'Ebden'.

There was a section for corporations as well. Are those just in-game clans or are they related to EVE corps like Sparta?

This thing might fit what Viper and I were talking about yesterday, since it seems like Tyrannis is staging for Dust, maybe as a bit of a land-rush to decide which Eve Pilots/corps will have claim over planets when the 'dust mercinaries' will go for-hire to these pilots to help protect or expand their turf in resource-rich areas.

Is that what the EVE players see in this, or am I way off? It could be a cool way to bring our different play-styles together.

There was a post some time ago about DUST514, the FPS from EVE. I just had a look a the site, and a couple months' ago they announced a few more dandy bits like using the unreal engine for the game.

Is this thing going to be a PC release? In the pre-launch registry, they require both a PS3 and Xbox gamertag. I just stuck in my regular name 'Ebden'.

There was a section for corporations as well. Are those just in-game clans or are they related to EVE corps like Sparta?

This thing might fit what Viper and I were talking about yesterday, since it seems like Tyrannis is staging for Dust, maybe as a bit of a land-rush to decide which Eve Pilots/corps will have claim over planets when the 'dust mercinaries' will go for-hire to these pilots to help protect or expand their turf in resource-rich areas.

Is that what the EVE players see in this, or am I way off? It could be a cool way to bring our different play-styles together.

Personally, I think it is gimmicky SHIT to force an aspect of an online PC only MMO through the use of consolers (yes, DUST is supposedly next gen consoles only). It is absolutely ridiculous. CCP can barely manage to keep up with all the bugs and 'features' of EVE. How are they going to keep a purpose driven FPS relevant and fun for more than six months when they can barely fix common typos in a game that has been around for 6+ years? I don't see it happening.

Dust is a ploy by CCP to get Console users to link into EVE then get them interested into subscribing to the MMO.

As far as I know, DUST is Console only.

Ploy or no, if the gameplay is good, then I'll work for any Sparta Pilot pro bono. That's right, free, NSA, except for the one about continued online tech support.