Spartans Home

ConvertXtoDVD - Amazing but expensive

Well,

I just got this progrm thru a "friend", so i had a chence to give it a shot and test.

http://www.vso-software.fr/products/convert_x_to_dvd/

What it does is making a DVD disc of whatever video format you hhave, converting at thhe best video quality and creating a final disc very well done.

There are many programs doing the same, more or less, but this one amazed me for 1 particular reason:

SPEED !!

It fuly recognize multicore systems and you can set how many threads has to use, so i used my 8 threads on i7 and BAM ! A dvd full conversion of a standard ~700 MB good quality movie was done in 5 MINUTES !!!

Yes, you read it right, 5 MINUTES conversion in perfect DVD movie, with chapters, full menu (editable if u like) and all of what you expect for a nice final product.

Alright, full honesty, 5 minutes plus whatever it takes to burn the dvd, which I didn t take the time of it, depending on what dvd burner you have.

The same task on Nero or Cyberlink PowerCreator takes about 25 minutes versus 5.

Unfortunately this power comes with responsability (toward your wallet....). I guess the retail version costs somewhere around 50 bucks, and I am not sure I would ever pay thhat money for this kind of program.

However, all depends, if you are used to make a lot of dvd for friends and family, this will make you life a breeze :)