Spartans Home

Bad frame rates

Denny

Greetings. I recently had a Foxconn 915A01-P-8EKRS2 LGA Intel 015P ATX Intel motherboard that failed and replaced with a XFX 7501 SLI motherboard and a new power supply. Now with all other hardware the same and re-installing Windows Home XP... The same games (Arma2) are now loading very slow and my FPS are extremly low. (6 FPS on the benchmark). Looking for support on what might be going wrong. All Nvidia (8800 GTS) drivers appear up to date and I see no issues in the device manager. Trying to identify why the performance is so poor with this new motherboard.

Thanks for any help. :(

If this one is your new MB

http://www.xfxforce.com/en-us/en/products/...eries/750i.aspx

It looks a veryy good board. It really should not have any issue, however you need to check a few things:

- Check on BIOS your CPU is recognized correctly and is running at the correct speed

- Double check any possible PCI-x setting, check board manual

- After installed XP, be sure you install all of the drivers coming with the board CD and check the website for updates

- You might want to check the website for BIOS updates and flash the BIOS to newr version - Usually I don t play too muchh with BIOS, this is a kind of update that you need only when u have serious problems, otherwise DO NOT UPDATE THE BIOS. Here it looks you have serious problems, so an update on BIOS may be required, but let it as a last resort.

If after all of this you are still suffering the issue, call tech support and see if they have any further test, because the MB is getting close to an RMA