Spartans Home

Sneaky is running the Bristol (UK) 10k

Donate here

The charities

Watch the "Stop the Traffik" video

This year I face the challenge of a lifetime. In a fit of enthusiasm I foolishly signed up to run in the Bristol 10k under the Love Running banner, to raise money for the poor, the oppressed and the needy. Ahead lies mile after mile of blood sweat and tears, and you can help me do it (or make me do it, depending upon your point of view).

Now some of you may be asking just what's so hard about running 10k, but as even a quick glance at my photos (which clearly show my athletic physique) will tell you running is not my favourite event. In fact, anything which involves getting getting off my sofa and doing something is quite a bit of effort, and yes, I did eat all the pies.

So, why did I agree to put my body through this torture and join Love Running?

Obviously getting fit is a good motivator, but mostly it's about the causes. Love Running 2010 is supporting charities under three banners. The poor, the oppressed and the needy.

Zimbabwe

More than 80 percent of Zimbabweans live below the poverty line, and 83 percent live on less than $2 a day. The economy has considerably reduced the government and private sector?s ability to provide financial relief or basic health-care services.

Stop the Traffik

It is estimated that there are 12.3 million people in forced labour worldwide, of which 2.4 million are the result of human trafficking. That's slavery, to you and me.

The modern slave trade is now the second largest source of illegal income worldwide, just behind drug trafficking. Shockingly, an estimated 1.2 million of those trafficked each year are children.

We're teaming up with Stop the Traffik to take a stand against this injustice and help fund programmes of education, advocacy and protection - particularly for the most at risk women and children.

Local charities

Love running is supporting three local charities. Crisis Centre, The Noise and St Peters Hospice. Crisis Centre runs the Wild Goose cafe which was featured on Channel 4's "The secret millionaire" on Monday 1st march.

Donate here

The charities

Watch the "Stop the Traffik" video

This year I face the challenge of a lifetime. In a fit of enthusiasm I foolishly signed up to run in the Bristol 10k under the Love Running banner, to raise money for the poor, the oppressed and the needy. Ahead lies mile after mile of blood sweat and tears, and you can help me do it (or make me do it, depending upon your point of view).

Now some of you may be asking just what's so hard about running 10k, but as even a quick glance at my photos (which clearly show my athletic physique) will tell you running is not my favourite event. In fact, anything which involves getting getting off my sofa and doing something is quite a bit of effort, and yes, I did eat all the pies.

So, why did I agree to put my body through this torture and join Love Running?

Obviously getting fit is a good motivator, but mostly it's about the causes. Love Running 2010 is supporting charities under three banners. The poor, the oppressed and the needy.

Zimbabwe

Robert Mugabe...... SHOOT THE FUCKER! End of, I'll do it if need be.

Stop the Traffik

It is estimated that there are 12.3 million people in forced labour worldwide, of which 2.4 million are the result of human trafficking. That's slavery, to you and me: Which ever countires they come from, kill the fuckers that rule. I WILL GO THERE & KILL THEM ALL!

The modern slave trade is now the second largest source of illegal income worldwide, just behind drug trafficking. Shockingly, an estimated 1.2 million of those trafficked each year are children:

My daughter's are 16 & 12. GOD help anyone that crosses them, for I will rip them asunder. ........ Look it up, it won't be pretty,

We're teaming up with Stop the Traffik to take a stand against this injustice and help fund programmes of education, advocacy and protection - particularly for the most at risk women and children.

Local charities

Love running is supporting three local charities. Crisis Centre, The Noise and St Peters Hospice. Crisis Centre runs the Wild Goose cafe which was featured on Channel 4's "The secret millionaire" on Monday 1st march.