Spartans Home

Sparta Air Dom test by Rooster

Rooster

Hi folks,

The other morning Kal and I were talking and it got me thinking. I use to make maps for the original Operation flashpoint. So why not try to tweak the airdom map?

I just wanted to advise that you may notice that another Air Dom server popped up on your list. I am in the process of testing out several different setups for my pilot friends on a revised version of the sparta air dom map. I have sparta in the name, mostly out of respect and the fact that you all are the only group I game with. I also gave credit to the original author and editors, so what I'm saying is that I'm not trying to plagiarize anything. :o

Just wanted to post and perhaps get some feedback. Oh yeah, and if you're looking to fly different aircraft come on in and check it out!!

Hey Rooster

How good are your Map and Mission building skills?

See HERE

and

HERE

Edited by Stang~SPARTA~

Copy that guys, I've seen and have previously posted several comments in those threads. Great work again on that project.

My test map is just my take on a fun way to fly. Totally not meant to replace or challenge anything going on with the Official Spartan map. If anything, my version fixes the crashing issue on beta3c (not sure how mind you, perhaps just because it's a different map) and just holds me over until you all release the new and improved air dom.

Stang, I'm always more than happy to help in any way possible! One disclaimer though... I'm the Sr. Vice Commander of my local VFW post and also work 40hrs + and take 7 hours of classes (career development PeP). So you know where I'm going with this. Most of my free time is early weekend mornings. Once I get the family all set (2 kids plus wife) then I have most Sunday mornings to myself. Lets get together!

Thanks all

-R

Edited by Rooster

Thanks Rooster,

I was just hoping to find someone else with additional skills, so we can get this done.

If you have time later today we can jump on Team Speak and I'll give you a run down of what I've done so far and what else needs to be done.

If you feel like helping and or have time, I'd sure love the help.

Anyone one else with map editing / mission building skills is welcome to help too :help:

I would like to see you guys collaborate and come up with the one Air Dom. I know what Rooster was aiming at was a stopgap fix while we wait for Stangs and I encourage him to assist in any way he can to get the Air Dom back up for all you air jocks. I'm sure ( as noted above) that Stang would appreciate the help.

I vote for lots of nukes.

That and radiated babies, with their skin hanging off and armed with UMP45s and laser sights.

Or you could introduce the civilian class as a bunch of hippies. If a soldiers gets within a certain radius of a hippie, their ability to shoot is stopped until they clear their gun 'jam', like in ACE2. The difference is, they have to pick the daisy out of the barrel and shove the dolphin-stroker down first.

No, I like the radiated babies idea. And nukes.

We're getting close Medic

I hope you flyboys get this sorted out quickly. It's gets pretty chatty every other time a new player joins the DOM server and asks if we need a pilot for the cobra, apache, or harrier.

We're getting close Medic

I hope you flyboys get this sorted out quickly. It's gets pretty chatty every other time a new player joins the DOM server and asks if we need a pilot for the cobra, apache, or harrier.