Spartans Home

1.05 update, constant crashes

Fatal_Papercut~SPARTA~

Hi folks,

I was hoping to start playing Arma 2 again now that I have a new video card, but the game won't even let me select anything on the main menu before crashing. I've tried everything I can think of, including installing the game on a fresh OS install, and the only way I can keep the game from crashing is by NOT updating it to version 1.05. Of course, this means I can't play on our servers (and most other servers as well).

Any suggestions?

Don't click anything on the main menu and the game will run just fine.

Seriously though, try rolling back the video drivers if you are running the latest. OR, updating if you aren't.

Edited by Medic~SPARTA~

Try uninstalling and reinstalling. Try a fresh download of the 1.05 patch. it is a cumulative patch so dont install any others, see if that works.

Looks like this did the trick! My copy of Arma2 is from Steam, and there's no way to install the game by downloading it without it being updated to 1.04. However, when I first purchased the game, I archived the download, which was only version 1.02, so I reinstalled from the archive and that ran fine.

After patching to 1.05, the game crashed after the first launch, but I rebooted my system and it seemed to run ok. I loaded up one of the Boot Camp scenarios, played around for a minute, changed video inputs to watch the football game for 15 minutes, changed back, and the game was still running.

Thanks for the help, folks!