Spartans Home

Networking

Postal

No one had the heart to tell me I am a DUMBASS? Come on you guys, you are always looking for ways to laugh at some one. You had a chance and passed it up.

I now know how stupid that question was!! I now know that a wireless router is wireless AND wired. I feel dumber than shit right now!!!!!

Yes you are correct. Most newer wireless routers have a 4 or 8 port switch which allows you to do both.

And you are not a dumb ass... you just didnt know. now you do. ;)

I use Linksys products which are made and owned by Cisco Systems. Cisco has some great networking and very reliable products. Others I am sure like other products which are just as good.

Edited by Medic~SPARTA~

You're not stupid. There's no way that you would know that unless you had played with one before. Try to go N speed with 10/100/1000 ports if you can afford it. If not, there are still some very good ones for G speed with 10/100 ports.

I like linksys, netgear, and d-link. I am not belkin's biggest fan. I know some people who like trendnet and buffalo, but I have never played with either one.

I got a good price on a netgear router at officemax or office depot (can't remember which one). It was actually about ten bucks cheaper than newegg or FRY's.

Have fun!