Spartans Home

Setting up my Arma 2 - rookie level

Batwing~SPARTA~

alright,

so I am totally new to this game and I do not know how to add features and adds-on. I was reading the other post indicating what MODs you use:

------

"Main Domination Server

Vopsound 2.1 Download Here

AT.gui Download Here

Digital Compass Download Here

Proper view distance mod Download Here

Sahrani Domination Server

CAA1 Mod Download Here

Tactical Domination Server

Little Bird Mod Download Here"

--------

So, I took a quick glance to those packages, there are some "read-me" but only some. So QUESTION (for the rookie level):

- WHAT IS THE PROCEDURE TO INSTALL ADD-ONS?

- Are these Add-ons "required" or "optional" to play on your servers?

- Is my understanding everytime you want to use an add-on, you have to modify the shortcut to load the correct add-on, but I do believe you can run more than one "mod" at the same time, so what is the syntax for the new shortcut to use more MODs in once?

- Do I have to make a single shortcut to launch Arma2 valid for all of your servers, with all the MODs applied, ordi I have to make a separate shortcut depending on the server I want to join ?

Last question, not really related to Add-ons:

- I would like to try to Master the chopper piloting (interesting challenge), is it possible use a joystick to fly the chopper and bind throttle keys to the throttle axis on the Joy, as well for commands like "auto-hover" to be bind on a joy botton? ( I just have to dig on the config a lil more, but if you can just let me know I can do it, that would be appreciated).

Thank you very much for your time to review these questions guys :) I ll be up and rolling soon :)

Bat

Each mod will have a readme with instructions on what bits to put where some are easy some everyone has difficulty with, it may be best to ask someone on TS

To save having different shortcuts I've started to use this arma II launcher and just tick the box of the mod I want before starting the game up

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6649

Would anyone be interested if I wrote an application to automatically download, update, and install addons, and then let you customize which ones to use when launching ArmA2? (Could have different presets, i.e. one for TacDom, one for regular Dom, one for Sahrani, etc.).

Of course there may very well be a utility like this already (I know there are other launchers, but not sure if any will download/update/install addons), but if not I wouldn't mind creating one.

Would anyone be interested if I wrote an application to automatically download, update, and install addons, and then let you customize which ones to use when launching ArmA2? (Could have different presets, i.e. one for TacDom, one for regular Dom, one for Sahrani, etc.).

Of course there may very well be a utility like this already (I know there are other launchers, but not sure if any will download/update/install addons), but if not I wouldn't mind creating one.

You're kidding, if you have time mate that would be fab :D