Spartans Home

DR mission editing info?

Jadecougar

Viiper (and other mission editors),

Do you know where there's some good tutorials of LuaLua scripting? Of course, the mission editor will have some in built ones to use but if you want something a bit more complex, I suppose looking elsewhere will help.

Any sources?

Viiper (and other mission editors),

Do you know where there's some good tutorials of LuaLua scripting? Of course, the mission editor will have some in built ones to use but if you want something a bit more complex, I suppose looking elsewhere will help.

Any sources?

DR will use LUA? Hot damn, I love LUA. I use it in a lot of my own games.

Here's a good LUA tutorial site, but it's just general LUA. I'm sure DR will have a ton of its own functions written specifically for the game. This site will at least teach you the syntax though.

LUA Users Tutorials

• 4 weeks later...

I've been quite pleased with the detailed documentation for the OFPDR Mission Editor (see sticky post in this section.) Just in case you were not aware, there are a few demo mission files included (.mssn extension) that have examples of Lua scripts that you can modify to create practically any type of mission that is possible to execute in the game.

Keep in mind that the scope of the missions that can be created is somewhat limited; the following is a copy&paste from the documentation itself...

"You can have a maximum of 63 entities enabled at one time within a mission, this includes the player character, AI soldiers and vehicle entities. Empty or virtual vehicles count as one entity. You can spawn and despawn entities at various points in your mission, but that total should never exceed 63."

So as you can see, the editor places a pretty tight limit on how much content can be used. You cannot create large scale conflicts like you can in Arma.

That being said, I've had quite an enjoyable time running through 4-player co-op missions with some of the members here, and I can wait to see wait the creative folks here will come up with. I'm even going to take a shot at creating a mission myself.

disagree fatal_papercut - the scope is unlimited.

and you could creat large scale battles - just swap the ai in and out - waves of attacks.

Voice is the best way to explain, I don't think FPC is into mission making in a big way, using lua is quite complex as you get into advanced function block programming. ...... Call my programming limited ;)