Spartans Home

ARMA2 - UK server?

Jadecougar

Sorry this is in general discussions....I'm not able to post yet to the Arma2 section. Moderators, please feel free to move this post if seen necessary.

My question is about the UK server. If I recall correctly, that's a locked/private server?

Is there a history with that that can be shared here?

I'm just curious because some of us are in Europe and get a fairly high ping to the main server in the US. I love the coop that's on the US server but I wonder if there'd be some more traffic on the servers if the UK one would be opened up with a similar gametype?

I'm new here and in no way wish to step on toes or decisions made for a specific reason. I'm speaking slightly selfishly about the personal ping benefit of opening up the UK server but am also thinking that perhaps more European "options" for the public could bring nice exposure to LOSC.

Just curious. If it stays as-is, I'll work with the high ping to continue with some of the good people I've been playing with so far. :)

The UK server was put up by a very generous member and DOM veteran is unpassworded, the admins here were concentrating there energy on the US server cos its the one we have been used to playing on. You are more than welcome to use the UK server but we don't have enough admins to police the rules at the moment.

The UK server was put up by a very generous member and DOM veteran is unpassworded, the admins here were concentrating there energy on the US server cos its the one we have been used to playing on. You are more than welcome to use the UK server but we don't have enough admins to police the rules at the moment.

Ok, thanks! I must have gotten it mixed up with something else then!?

Isn't DOM veteran basically crazy hard with no HUDs and friendly indicators, etc?

That'd be good "practice" for this wet behind the Arma2 ears noob! lol

hi ping? when you play in Australia on US server then you know high ping - i will usually lead a target by 30 seconds so by the time he arrives the bullet is just passing.

not but seriously, despite a high ping i find very little latency and can drop targets easily.

damn good server that US server.