Spartans Home

Running Adobe Bridge - Blue Screen then Restart

Hey all,

I'm posting this in the adobe support forum, but thought I'd put it up here too since we have so many computer experts. Here's my problem...

Lately, when I've been running Adobe Bridge (Companion to Photoshop CS4), I'll get into it for a while, then it will hang up on me, and if I try to do anything while it's hung up, everything will go blank, I'll get a blue screen for a split second, then the computer will restart. It doesn't matter if I have one program running or 10, it still does it, and I'm at a loss for what to do. I wish I could say it was a power problem, memory problem, video card problem, but all that stuff is new and upgraded, so I don't really know what's going wrong. It's only happened with Bridge & Photoshop too. What would cause a blue-screen then restart???

Specs:

Intel Core 2 Quad 9550

Asus PQ5 Pro Turbo MoBo

Nvidia GTX 275 - 1750mb ram

4gb OCZ 1066 RAM

OCZ 700w power supply

3 hard drives, 320gb, 500gb, 1tb

it could be the program has found something on your computer it doesn't like something along those lines or it could be possible that it devours your memory like its tissuse paper. other then that i don't know. sorry for being so vague on my answer durka but its the best i can think of.

No problems. It's a pretty vague situation really. I think I found that it has something to do with quicktime. I'm going to test it out to see if that's the case.

You install any new drivers recently? I had some faulty drivers causing my system to bluescreen a few months ago. Not limited to video drivers either, can be for anything.

Now are your Adobe products installed from stand alone, or from the Adobe Suite.

Example :-

Is PS CS4 install by itself, or was it installed with Bridge, Prem, Booth, as part of a suite.

Also as this just started happing after a update, as I had problem after a update. But that was with PS.

Make sure you have the Adobe page file set to a seperate drive from the operating system.. that one thing is the cause of a seemingly endless series of problems in Adobe. You might be amazed at what that can solve...:)

Adobe is uber harsh on RAM and uses it like mad and just about any other resource especially when you are working on large (filesize) projects.

You could be seeing the result of a stick of RAM getting flaky under load, or a pagefile not writing properly and dumping out, or a lot of possibles.

Food for thought perhaps...:)

You will find the setup for the page file in the Adobe options/preferences/whatever it is called.

Allows you to set the path for the page file and some other assorted stuff...:)

Filesizes can be tricky in Adobe (At least in something like Photoshop)... the program keeps several copies of your project in memory at any given time... a simple TIFF file that renders down to a 50kb Gif file or JPG can be several hundred meg while it sits in RAM. If you have multiple projects open it can get a little hairy...:)

Edited by Morgan~SPARTA~