Spartans Home

ArmA II Expansion Pack Announced

NoScream~SPARTA~

ArmA II Expansion Pack Announced

http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/49566/Ar...-Pack-Announced

IDEA Games and Bohemia Interactive have announced the development of ARMA II Operation Arrowhead; the standalone expansion pack to ARMA II. Watch for more during GamesCom, which takes place this August 19-23 in Cologne, Germany.

Three years after the conflict in Chernarus, portrayed in the original ARMA II, a new flashpoint in the Green Sea region heats up and coalition forces led by the US Army are sent to Takistan to quickly restore peace and prevent further civilian casualties.

Set into the new, visually attractive environment of hilly central Asia, Operation Arrowhead will offer realistic combat simulation experience in a modern day setting with unprecedented freedom of movement, actions and tactics. Players will enlist into various roles within the US Army, from basic infantrymen, through special operatives, to pilots and tank crew in this new installment in the award winning line up of military simulators for PC from Bohemia Interactive.

It may be an unnoticable detail, but I've been screaming for an actual ARMY operation. Yes, Chenarus has a coastline, but it's about 85% land, therefore land operators should be the rightful kings of this game. In Arma1, where we had two islands, Marines/Marine equipment would've made much more sense. Here, notsomuch. The best thing will be the editor. I'm already imagining the scenarios, although I'm LOVING the European setting right now. Be prepared for rocky mountains with little vegetation, ala the western OK Corral-like map in GRAW2.

sux for me the wrong game came in yesterday so im pretty much screwed..good thing is i got my money back...im still trying though i wont give up getting it

sux for me the wrong game came in yesterday so im pretty much screwed..good thing is i got my money back...im still trying though i wont give up getting it

Why not buy online? You could have the game in an hour or two. That's how I snagged my English copy of ArmA2 two weeks before US release (since the UK and US versions are identical, except for the release dates...).

I understand though that some people prefer to have a hard-copy of a game.