Spartans Home

Americas Army 3 Beta

NeoGzus

Don't waste your time. the first two had their good points but mainly sucked, third hopefully is better. However, there is such as game called ArmA. We host 4 ArmA servers ranging from Box Stock, to a modded server with respawns and join-in-progress, and then a full all-out Combat Simulator with no respawns.

If you like the run-and-gun games, which it seems you do by the maps you make, then I am sure you will enjoy it. If you want to try out some tactics and focus a lot more on team work and missions completion instead of kill count then try out our ArmA server 3. Of course if you want something in between, you definitely want to play on our modded CoD 4 GR Night server. Great games with great people.

We here at Legion of Sparta Community aim to please. ;)

I wasn't that big a fan of the first 2 either, too much BS to get into the meat of the game, but by the time I got far enough to care, I was already into another game and totally forgot AA.

I haven't played Arma, but I did play OpFlash back in the day, which was a damn hard game to master, but I got into it too late (when it was like $10 for the whole pack lol) and there weren't any servers I could find and get into it.

I like run-n-gun games, HELL YA, but I'm also up for some tactical games, where you proceed with EXTREME caution. I like Rainbow six games a lot, since the beginning actually when you actually had to plot your teams maneuvers and not just run in gunzablazin. I miss those kinda games (been a while since all these high profile action based shooters are all over the place now)

I had a good time for the short duration on the GRnet crouch server. I felt way more sneaky and it's not as stressful since you're not dying every 3 seconds.

I seen new screenies for ARMA 2 and they look fukin amazing! Can't wait to get into that one

User posted image

User posted image

User posted image

User posted image

I am pretty sure that we will be hosting a ArmA 2 server upon release. We WILL be keeping the ArmA 3 and 4 servers running for the duration. Because ArmA 2 will certainly have it's own issues, as all games do upon initial release, we will be testing it for stability issues, game play, moddability (which is very promising just as ArmA 1 is), ease of access to admin tools server side and while in game, and a variety of other aspects that need to be explored/evaluated before game nights are scheduled.

The overall idea, momentum-wise, is to 'proceed with caution.' And with good reason. Considering that the initial release of ArmA 1 was a complete sham, almost unplayable and certainly unrealistic by many standards, ArmA 2 will be treated with caution just as the CDC treats ebola with caution.

If we go in gung-ho and we are not ready, bugs and other "features" of the game could turn off a lot of would be players. If dedicated servers are too late, those same would-be players will have lost interest. It is a delicate balance. Be sure that both ArmA 2 and Dragon Rising will be given fair chances as Sparta games and I look forward to playing both. I do hope that both games are thoroughly investigated and played before jumping head first in to promoting and scheduling defined gaming nights. I would hate for either game to not get the fair chance that they both deserve.