Spartans Home

Power Supply Requirements

Xross

hehe... here is some real irony. When you click on the link it says; "service unavailable"

But if you go to the Asus website, you can find it there. I think Corsair and Thermaltake also have calculators.

and....

REMEMBER!! as Tim Taylor the Toolman says; "MORE POWER is always better!"

hehe... here is some real irony. When you click on the link it says; "service unavailable"

But if you go to the Asus website, you can find it there. I think Corsair and Thermaltake also have calculators.

and....

REMEMBER!! as Tim Taylor the Toolman says; "MORE POWER is always better!"

Is the link not working for you? I just tried it again and it went straight to the ASUS calculator.

Let me know and I'll try to sort it out.

And yes you're right. No such thing as too much power (within reason of course). This particular calculator builds in some head room by assuming all devices are drawing peak current simultaneously. That's how it should be spec'd out anyway so it's a valid setup.

Cheers,

X

You guys know about P.I.E 1000 watts divided by 12.volts = 86 Amps thats more then enough amps i need for a 30 amp SLI

rig. butt hey more amps means better performance.

You guys know about P.I.E 1000 watts divided by 12.volts = 86 Amps thats more then enough amps i need for a 30 amp SLI

rig. butt hey more amps means better performance.

Yea that's Ohm's Law for calculating DC values and it (P) probably includes the 3.3 and 5v stuff as well so it's not all for the 12v systems. Be careful with some (most) of these vendors as they distribute the power over multiple 'rails' so you never have the full capacity available.

So is the link working properly?