Spartans Home

Attention All EvEiators

DrNo~SPARTA~

Looks like the new Q expansion is comming today. Interesting to see how the many nerfs are going to affect the game and I think we all can really look forward to weapon linking.

LOSC News Update: Well, not much going on, GnySgt's Comproller and DrFatfinger are crusing around getting ready for thier next ship purchase and plowing though lvl 3 missions. Rahlstin with just over 12.2mil sp, is in Eglnearrt (spelling? lol) showing two new players how not to get killed everyday lol and finally has lvl3 missions and brining the two noobs along. reminds me of all of us back when we started and Medic was showing us what to do. (Ahh the memories...) Rahlstin is just starting to fit out a Raven when all the nerfs were anounced, hopefully a few 100 mil of ship and equipment will still work ok. DrNoOne (9mil sp) is across in Caldari space minning away in his hulk and keeping his nose clean as well and finnaly has all 11 learning skills to lvl 5. Safe piloting.

Theres some cool stuff and then theres some real crap .....

Agreed. Nerfing the missiles and drone damages really sucks but honestly they were really strong to begin with. This was a long time coming. We will just have to think a bit more before engaging in PVP or mission combat. Really, this only forces people to do what they should have been doing from the start. Researching your target and choosing your damage type, also knowing what damage they deal to you and planning your shield/armor tank appropriately. I confess to hating this particular aspect of the game because honestly, with out a chart taped to your desktop or hanging from the monitor, it is difficult to remember what damage you need to deal and what damage is dealt by every single type of faction from Pithi to Gisti to Angel and more. It's a real pain.

COme to think of it, I scanned in some charts made a while back. They are very handy to have. Print them and save them.

http://www.sierranovember6.com/evefiles/

All three docs, the last one has damage types on them. Good luck an fly safe. One you are running level 4s with no trouble We really need to get together and run a Level 5 mission (or2).

Peace. Nah... wheres the fun in that??

I'm so happy :darkvador: 10% nurf for missiles ! deal with it ;) it's only 10% girls :lol:

viva AMARR

Weapons & Ammunition

* All missile types have been balanced to ensure that oversized missiles do not have too much of an effect on smaller ships. As before, ships are still protected from larger missiles by their signature radius. When going sufficiently fast, the damage taken from missiles is reduced by the signature radius to speed ratio, rather than just speed. Going faster or reducing the signature radius will reduce missile damage further. For a ship with the same signature radius as the missile's explosion radius, the missile's explosion velocity indicates the speed at which the missile damage starts to get reduced. The new formula allows for speed tanking using afterburners. In fact, afterburners will in general be more effective than micro warp drive for speed tanking missiles.

* Light, heavy and cruise precision missiles will now do more damage to smaller targets and will have a penalty of -50% range.

* Rocket, assault missile and torpedo javelin missiles will now do -10% less damage but range has been increased by 50%.

* Rage rocket, assault missiles and torpedoes and Fury light, heavy and cruise missiles will do less damage to their own ship class but will do more damage to a larger ship class. They will also have a -10% range reduction.

PATCH NOTES

http://myeve.eve-online.com/updates/patchnotes.asp

Corporation & Alliance

* Player corporations will be able to create and award medals to their members.

* Any member with the personnel manager, director or CEO role can create a medal in the corp interface > members > decorations section. When creating a medal you define the look of the medal, give it a title and description. Creating a medal costs 5 million ISK paid from the corp wallet.

* A personnel manager, director or CEO can then award a medal they have created to their corp members either by context selecting the corp member in the chat channel or using the memberlists and multi selecting many members. The cost of awarding a medal is 5million ISK per award to each member. The same medal can be awarded multiple times to the same member.

* When you are awarded a medal, you will receive an evemail notification detailing why you were awarded the medal. You can then check the decorations tab in your character sheet to see a list of medals you have been awarded. From here you can opt to display a medal publically or trash it or set it back to private. Your other corporation members can see an overview of the corporations medals within the corp interface> members > decorations tab which displays various information for each medal including its recipients.

* Medals can be set public after you have been awarded them through your character sheet in the decorations > settings tab. Medals may take up to an hour to show to other players around the universe.

Give me a medal !!!! 5 STARS plz !! with hot wings to go.

EVE API and Static data Dump

* The EVE API will provide extensions for both Medals and Certificates.

* Database extensions for Certificates will be added to the Static Data Dump.

L5 missions are not worth the hassle, they don't pay well and you need a good big team to make sure you all return alive as not only the mission rats want to kill you so does every pirate in the system since they are run in low sec.

Yeah the missile recalibration was painful for all of about 30 seconds and a trip to Jita .... Swap out a hardener and in goes a target painter.

Carry 5 x T2 medium and 5 x T2 light combat drones, use according to target size Eg lights on frigates/destroyers and mediums on cruisers .... Missile blast the remaining rubbish and your done. 3500 DPS (5500 with torps) in a volley every 5 seconds does the trick, remember to set drones to passive and focus fire and don't get in over your head.

(If your paranoid and want extra take some faction missiles and swap out when your feeling at ease thus increasing your DPS further)

Know your trigger ships in the rooms ... leave till last in there groups. Since the Quantum Rise Expansion so far all i have seen is it takes longer to complete, however there was some nice inclusions for POS manufacturing which will keep us busy for time to come.

Key here it to equip the correct damage type of drones and missiles for the job, they take a bit longer to do now but are basically the same, that coming from a Permanent Tank Navy Raven with over 1000 Damage per second sustained so i can just :lol: at any L4 ... :P

Mission running needs to be done as a group to relive the boredom, 1 x BS and 1 x Drake and a dedicated Salvager and you could make it simpler, Orca for a salvager .... now that's a thought.

Something note worthy ... Guristas Extravaganza L4 all rooms including the bonus room .... 100% dead in 90 minutes, that equates to about 35 million per hour. Pity i could not draw that and Angel Extravaganza at will.

Vi ... Lets see you Amarian hooded freaks do that with your disco laser show! :rolleyes: , all you lot will do is scream out for :help: , and yes we need to award you a medal Vi ... I got just the right one in mind too ...... Only problem is your never around to be presented it.

The Orca should be sporting some healthy mining bonus's in about 10 days time as more skills were needed and a tougher tank to be resilient from the lamer gank squads. Not far off from building Freighters and the likes either, anyway thats my take on the new expansion.

L8R