Spartans Home

Richard Wright Tribute

Floyd~SPARTA~

Pink Floyd founder Richard Wright dies

IPB Image

Monday, September 15, 2008

LONDON - Pink Floyd keyboard player and founding member Richard Wright died on Monday after a short battle with cancer, his spokesman said. He was 65.

Wright, guitarist Roger Waters and drummer Nick Mason founded the band that became Pink Floyd in the 1960s when they were students. Pink Floyd went on to become one of the biggest names in rock.

"The family of Richard Wright, founder member of Pink Floyd, announce with great sadness, that Richard died today after a short struggle with cancer," his spokesman said in a statement.

Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here

I wasn?t sure what video to post, there are for me too many to choose from.

In the end I geuss it should be wish you were here, because for so many like me we do.

God speed Richard

very sad... wife and I have listened to them since the early 70's also. I really wish was able to go to one of their concerts. Everyone I knew that went to one said it was one of the best concerts they ever attended.

The laser light shows are definately some of the best of their day.

In 1979 Roger Waters was taking control of the band. Wright felt the full brunt of this when Waters threatened not to release The Wall unless Wright left the band. Wright spent the next two years as a paid employee for Pink Floyd (He was a founding member of the band). :(

Roger waters try to disband Pink Floyd in 85 but Gilmour continued with nick mason, that?s when all the court battles started over who had rights to use the name Pink Floyd, It was all settled out of court in the end, Pink Floyd would continue under the guidance of David Gilmour.

Richard Wright rejoined Pink Floyd in 1987 during the recording of A Momentary Lapse of Reason, and later came The Division Bell.

They were Pink Floyd again :allgood: