Spartans Home

Extreme Gamer 11 months on

Zeno~SPARTA~

Last April I built my first ever gaming rig. It was meant to be a pure gamer with nothing else interfering with the processes.

I called it extreme gamer because it had a Striker Exreme Mobo, an Asus Extreme 8800GTX and an intel core 2 duo extreme QX6700 quad core processor. It had 2 150 gig Raptors, one for the system and one for the games. It had Corsair Dominator ram, it was the bees knees. But I only had a 20 inch lcd.

I built it because GRAW was the slowest loading game on the planet and I felt a dedicated rig would allow me to hold my own against the likes of Archdevil and his ilk. It did give me a very fast load time and my lethality in game improved a bit.

I realised that there was a vast amount of untapped potential in this machine, so I added 2x750gb hard drives for storing my dvd collection. I recently added photoshop I upgraded to a 22" monitor, then ran 2 monitors.

This weekend I have added a 5th hard drive (another 750gb - 2550 gb total) and a 24" monitor.

This is the first PC that has stayed ahead of the curve. Nothing is out of date, the new purchases have been additions not upgrades and yet after 11 months it is still a potent machine. A bit better than the last prebuilt pc I bought that had to be upgraded within a week!!!!!!!!

I am still not the bees knees gamer but I wont be blaming my equipment for a while yet.