Spartans Home

Sound Card problem

custard~SPARTA~

I have a X-Fi xtreme gamer soundcard and I have started to have some probs.

The volume control on my g15 stopped working and sounds of my gunfire were missing in cod4.

My daughter had put some stupid new software on my rig so I used system restore to go back a few days and this solved problem.

The problem has returned so as last week I used a airline to clean my rig I thought I would reseat the card and check the connectors didn't fix problem.

Any ideas?

ta

Just to confirm, you're hearing some sounds but not all? for example music plays, but other things don't? That sounds like either a driver issue, or, the software settings for the card have changed.

If you're using the creative software for this card, there's an entertainment setting and a different gaming setting maybe something has changed here. I know that if the settings for the output are changed from Headphones, which i use, to 5.1 surround, i lose some sounds where it tries to put them through the other speakers which aren't connected.

If it's not this then i would consider re-installing the drivers for the xfi card.

It would be advisable to uninstall them first via control panel, reboot the pc and then re-install.

That's where i would start.

Regarding the g15 volume not working that can be looked at once you get the sound outputs working.

I hope this makes sense.

K

Well can't be any worse then the game crashing with a kernal fault and now the game won't even restart at all! So its uninstall and reinstall the game to fix it. Reinstalled nvidia drivers still no fix.Im getting weard kernal fault codes come up like- @#$%$&%&$$*. Makes me wonder. If a nvidia splice got in there somhow

Edited by Athlon64~SPARTA~

Well can't be any worse then the game crashing with a kernal fault and now the game won't even restart at all! So its uninstall and reinstall the game to fix it. Reinstalled nvidia drivers still no fix.Im getting weard kernal fault codes come up like- @#$%$&%&$$*. Makes me wonder. If a nvidia splice got in there somhow

Hey Athlon, that's sounds pretty bad, and this occoured after the storm and power outage last night didn't it?

If you start a new post about your graphics problem, maybe we can all bash our heads together to get a result. :) (or alternatively, just reinstall the game! remember to save your profile first though :o )

K

Thanks for the reply Kamina, It was funny, the net droped out dureing the storm, thats when i droped out. Lighting hitt near buy but not real close. The power blipped but never went totally out. So I shut down, and came back on after dinner And the game wouldent run at all. But earlyer, I got home from work and tryed to join the server and the game locked up 3 times before I was able to finely play. It was weard, Ide join the server, and stand there it was ok but as soon as I moved the player 3 steps the game would freeze up, and lock up the rest of it, Then I had to reboot to get out of it. First time I seen this 3 times in a row. The night before it ran great. I did some reading on kernals. Not kernal sanders, or kernal inges eather LOL! but maybe kernal splice. I have to see what the actual kernal code was, and of coarse I dident write it down. But I will get to the bottom of it.

Edited by Athlon64~SPARTA~