Spartans Home

Blueprint - Toys for the boys

NoScream~SPARTA~

Capacitor control circuit I (rig)

core defence field purgers (rig)

DRAKE

highs: 7 heavy missile 2's

mids: 3 x large shield extender 2's, invul field 2, passive Em hardner, passive kinetic hardner

lows: 2 shield power relays of course

rigs: 2 core defence field purgers and 1 anti thermal screen reinforcer...

gives me over 17k shields and a recharge of 217 secs....

note that unless u have hardwire squire implant in giving u 3% extra to power then u will have to change a large extender out for a med one (assuming u havnt got shield upgrades 5, advanced weapon upgrades 5)

also there is a 3% hardwire to shield recharge u can get which is pocket change

alternate setup ?

Duno about that Drake setup as the recharge is slow and having more HP won't save your butt :P

My Drake is FULL PASSIVE no need to worry about being Nos'd or Neut'd

Mids 2 x Large Shield Extender II 4 x Specific Resists swappable as per mission specs.

Resists you will need are ..2 x Magnetic Scattering Amp II , 2 x Kinetic Deflection II , 2 x Heat Disarpation II

With the right resist skills puts you over 80% resist.

Lows 4 x Shield Power relay II

Rigs 3 x Core Defence Field Purger I

Gives you way better resists and faster recharge 185 sec to full as a boot.

I have been in L4's Q-18+ with 1 other BS and we complete missions.

As you have seen i can tank a L3 all day by myself .... Nice to watch me getting hit hey.

NOW !! note this ...

Your still vulnerable like anyone if your attackers outnumber you past your tank, When in a mission upon warp align yourself to a moon , planet star gate or anything and move at 5m/s to it so you can warp out fast. Also consider the frigs who will scram and web you ... Kill those FIRST !

Don't agro too many groups at one time .... USE your melon !!

No matter how good your ship may appear your skills WILL compliment it in the areas of Shields and Armor .... Guns mean diddely squat if you can't survive long enough to warp.

Use your melon and warp out if your Shields get to 20% and your not holding tank, FOR GOD SAKE tell your team your warping as your agro will go to them and it might just place them in danger after you bail on them.

Well set up Caldari Drake will cost you 150m, you can do any missions even L4's if you use the grey crap in your melon !. I take my Drake on L5's Q 18+ and I'm still alive to tell the tale :)

Ok hope this helps you out.

You don't need active tank on a Drake for ratting n missions, Reserve your active for PvP.

L8R

Edit for Viper's knowledge book :P

Viper -

You wont get 17k Shields with that setup above 15k with max skills. To get 17k you will need 4 x Large Shield Extender II, then you would fit an Invulnerability Field II and a specific resist, Probably a Magnetic Scattering Amp II (EM dmg) However if you do like this and your cap drained your toast, no resists and no warp = YOUR DEAD !!

This is an Active setup and must be watched and you need to know your ENEMY !

I also don't recommend Heavy missile II .... Your setup is flawed you wont have CPU or Grid to sustain that setup.

Best missiles for a Drake are Abelast Heavy Launcher I but at 15m each is exotic to say the least, I use XR 3200 which are only 0.5 sec slower fireing and with the right Skills faster than some schmuck who has no skills :P

I doubt you would be able to get 7 on it with your setup either even with skills at L5 ... 6 max if your lucky. (I have 7 XR's on my Drake + Small Shield Transfer Array)

Edited by MUTILATER

Here is my Drake setup

[Drake]

Shield Power Relay II

Shield Power Relay II

Shield Power Relay II

Shield Power Relay II

Magnetic Scattering Amplifier II

Invulnerability Field II

Large Shield Extender II

Large Shield Extender II

Large Shield Extender II

Large Shield Extender II

'Arbalest' Heavy Missile Launcher, Caldari Navy Thunderbolt Heavy Missile

Small Tractor Beam I

Salvager I

Core Defence Field Purger I

Hobgoblin II x5

It's not fully passive but with my skills it'll let me run the whole lot forever.

Gives me 19961 shields, peak recharge 287 per sec. My resists are 69/58/69/80 (Em/T/K/Ex), but I can swap out resists as required for the op.

You can save a lot of fitting problems by using 'Makluth' launchers as they have the lowest fitting requirements, also the 'Arbalest' are 15-20mil each.