Branston Pickle

IPB Image

http://www.britishdelights.com/branston.asp

S1 Branston Pickle 12 11oz $3.25

Branston Pickle - from the UK, but you can buy it in the USA too

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Branston_Pickle

http://www.chivers.ie/brands/branston.asp

IPB Image

Great with Cheese and Ham sandwiches.... Americans without Branston? Not possible :o

Yummy licious........ :rolleyes:

Branston Pickle is the UK's best-loved sweet pickle, with more than 28 million jars sold every year in the UK. Since its launch in 1922, Branston has been a firm family favourite. Today, Branston Pickle is still made to the same secret recipe and by the same traditional methods, blended to perfection for that unmistakable kick. The essence of Branston is its 'tang' which brings food to life through a unique combination of tanginess, sweetness, crunchiness and spiciness. It's this tang that gives the brand a host of famous fans including Catherine Zeta-Jones and Naomi Campbell.

One of my favorite snacks and cocktail horsdourves is the Cream Cheese Stuffed Pepperoncini.

This is a blend of gentle heat and soothing cream cheese. Even my wife likes them and she doesn't 'do' spicy at all.

The simple version is to first, take a pepperoncini and remove the stem and the seeds, (the seeds are where most of the heat is) making sure not to break the sides or tip of the pepper. I found it better to do this en mass at the sink while rinsing under very cold flowing water. Be sure to pat dry the pepper and drainany standing water from the inside.

While you are doing this, slowly and carefully, heat some cubed cream cheese in a microwavable bowl. The cream cheese needs to be thin, not hot. All you are trying to do is lower the viscosity of the cream cheese, not cook it. Gently fold the cream cheese until it is uniform and then place it into a ziplock baggy (gallon size works the best and it does not have to have the zipper, the old style is fine because you will throw this away when you're done.)

Push the cream cheese to one corner of the bag and twist the top of the bag down upon it. Youve just made a cream cheese pipette.

When you are ready to fill the pepperoncinis, cut a small diagonal corner off of the cream cheese baggy and then slowly and gently fill each pepperoncini with the cream cheese. This may get a little messy, but its not bad. When you have finished filling the peppers, place them in a container and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or till the cream cheese has become cold again. Serve.

I have been playing around with adding different flavors, like garlic an herb, some crab meat and old bay. They were good, but I like the purist original the best. I hope you do too.

I found it difficult to find the pepperoncinis at first and then I talked to a friend who is the executive chef of a fine dining rest near by and he got me the hook up through SYSCO. One gallon cost me just under $6. Then the cost of cream cheese which is around $1.00 for 6-8 oz.

Not a very expensive food to make.

Edited by Medic~SPARTA~

whats a pepperoncini ?

nm google sorted me out.

when sum1 sez snack i think something quick though. 4 hours in a fridge? im sorry id starve 2 death by then.

Edited by Krambo~SPARTA~

Oh yes, that sounds good Medic, Kram a Pepperoncini is a kind of mild chilli pepper, Its italian, Medic try Cheese stuffed jalopeno peppers gently baked in the oven. Not real hot, just good! Also a favorite is Bacon wraped water chesnuts That is also a great one. Now days us guys have to learn to cook to,

Edited by Athlon64~SPARTA~

I put a link for the pepperoncini in the post at the top. I did this right when I posted it at first. You guys are just blind LOL.

Nice suggestion Athlon, you will have to send me the recipe.

Kram, no snack is a good snack unless it needs preparing before hand. What i do is make two or three small tupperwares of them and they last me a couple of weeks, just having a few here and there.