Spartans Home

Fire trucks

Athlon64~SPARTA~

Well good old Athlon was sent buy my employer to Supthen fire appratus to do some hands on training for 3 days a week or so ago and got to tour the mfgering facility and look at how the trucks are built.

Here is their repair facility with a new 100ft tower in it being readyed for delevery

HPIM1348_zps36b3734b.jpg

Edited by Athlon64~SPARTA~

Spartan builds a good truck, i worked on some older ones. Even 2 of the prototype crash trucks that were stationed at cape canavrill {NASA)

Our fleet is, or was the biggest fleet of Supthens in the U.S, West palm beach is now the biggest, only beat us out buy a couple of trucks

If you ask me there not any better then a E-ONE.

Edited by Athlon64~SPARTA~

Anyone watch EMERGENCY! when they were kids?

I've driven the engine. The engine was owned by MCA, who shipped it to Yosemite National Park after the Jack Webb series, where it was the engine in Yosemite Valley operate by the concession.

http://www.emergencyfans.com/things/engine_51/e51yosemite.htm

I've also helped Mrs. Jack Webb out of a jam, stopped Bo Duke driving the General Lee, and Ann-Margaret driving a Harley blowing through a stop sign by Ronald Reagan's old ranch that Bob Hope sold to him, but I like to drop names.

• 9 months later...

Cool, that's a old Ward Lafrance, the county I once worked at had a Ward Lafrance tower truck with a LTI ladder tower on it with a 8v 71 Detroit diesel with a Allison ht 750 trans and a hale pump if I remember right. OLd truck, probley in south America now.