Spartans Home

Athlons New Ride

Athlon64~SPARTA~

I saw someone had a dodge ram 2500 truck on here and dident get good fuel milage at all.

Well let me address that. first of all a 2500 is a 3/4 ton truck, and that being, it is a heavyer hauler. useally pulling heavy loads and shares some of the same drive line of the one ton or 3500 truck. That being said the gear ratio of the rear end or differentual was for pulling, probley a 4.10 to 1 or a 4:56 to 1 and that would kill any fuel ecmoney one would try and acheave. That truck should have been limited to hauling trailers only and no high speed hiway driveing should have been done expecting to get good fuel milage at all. The ram 3500 diesel 6.2 trucks get 6 to 7 miles to the gallon at best wile pulling trailers and the like.

Rear end ratio is the key to good fuel ecomoney in any vechcle to start with. If the engine is turning 3500 rpm at 60 mhp your going to get crap fuel milage.

You want lower ratio like 3.08 or 3,25 or 3.41 or 3,55 to 1 That means the drive shaft spinns 3.08 to 1 revolution of the tire rotation and so on.

My Express has 3.55 to 1 and a 6 speed trans on 20" wheels that when in TCC lock up or over drive it turns 1900 rpm at 80mph resulting in low engine rpm it is able to acheave 20 mph due to the hemi has the low end torque to handle it with no over lugging of the engine. So when the electronic ecmoney mode kicks in it can get up to 24 mpg.

So when buying a truck one must pay attention to rear end ratios and the like and get the ratio for what you need it for. Don't buy a semi trackor trailer for highway commuting unless you spec it for it.

That would be the same as buying a mini cooper and getting a 4.56 to 1 raitio differentual in it, and it will still get crap fuel ecmoney.

Rule of thumb is, on a vehicle that has the proper gear ratio, once hiway speed is reached it will only take 6 to 20 horsepower to maintain that speed. Thats where the good gas milage is.

Edited by Athlon64~SPARTA~

I went looking for the last epasode on the ram express on the gears tv show, and it wasen't there. so i emailed the Gears tv show to find out when they are going to show the finished Ram Express truck, like mine. They answered me back and said it will be in this years shows, So stay tuned for one BAD MAMA FAST TRUCK> the finished 500+ horse DRAGON WAGON they nic named it.

I went looking for the last epasode on the ram express on the gears tv show, and it wasen't there. so i emailed the Gears tv show to find out when they are going to show the finished Ram Express truck, like mine. They answered me back and said it will be in this years shows, So stay tuned for one BAD MAMA FAST TRUCK> the finished 500+ horse DRAGON WAGON they nic named it.

winner_first.gifdog_skating.gif

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Well the Dragon wagon finel eppasode is here. This Stacy david clown, i really don't like very much, and i don't like the way they customised this truck, but the procharger, and lowering it down really make this truck stand out. I don't like the stripes. or the wheels. but this thing will smoke any outher truck out there with the power that can be made. Make your own opinion. Oh buy the way im getting 26.3 miles per gallon with mine. Late modle Hemi tuning has been unlocked useing bully dog or the outher tuners.= serious horsepower!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6P_YJ_gH7Vc&feature=player_embedded