Spartans Home

Platoons

custard~SPARTA~

If I see somebody post on the WG forum that they are looking for ppl to play with or need a little help I post our TS info and suggest they would be welcome to play with us.

We had a visitor over the weekend (Sidrat2011 - I think is his name) who wished to platoon with some ppl. Now he has just started the game prefers arty so Floyd and I started to platoon with him and his teir 2 arty.

Both of us had a nightmare trying to find tanks that would equal the match making of his tank it wasn't untill Sid purchased an MT T2 that we kind of got it right by then Luggage had replaced Floyd in the platoon.

This has reminded me how important it is for us to try and not drag ppl we are platooned with up a teir or two when we play together. The following link is for the match making chart on the WG WOT WIKI.

http://wiki.worldoftanks.eu/Battle_Mechanics#Battle_Tiers

No more excuses guys n girls.

On a related point I prefer 2 person platoons (I think this is common knowledge) for the simple reason it is easier to match up with one tank and play as a team in battle. 3 person platoons have the complication that so often the team has to split up to cover different parts of the map to prevent one side being to weak etc.

There are some exceptions to this for example I played with Viii and Floyd, Viii was using a teir 5 arty, Floyd and I used the teir 7 Tiger P. Because of the mix of tanks in the platoon Floyd and I could move together and Viii could support us not only were we all working together it was effective because we won nearlly all those battles. The only other combos of three person platoons that in my opinion regularly end up working as a team is when all the tanks are fast ie 3 x IS3s or 3 x Cromwells. What combos of 3 person platoons have you played in and it regularly ends up with the platoon working as a team.