Spartans Home

Reckoning Demo - My review

Batwing~SPARTA~

I played the short Reckoning Demo yesterday, I have a bitter flavor in my mouth.

I think the game may have potential, but something just fall short... there are a few aspects that seems incomplete or just not refined.

This is a Demo, not a beta, so I guess I am expecting this is the game when I but it. It is sorta weird.

First of all your characheter is "mute". They didn t give a voice to him/her. I don t like that.

There are no expressions from you charachter. During conversation the other charachter you are talking to will "try" to have expressions (miserably failing anyway) but your charachter doesn t even move.

I think in RPGs nowaday what makes the difference is the way the story is narrated, how much you connect with your charachter, the feelings you get from the environment. other than that, they are all the same games, Comabt, Classes, levels and all of that crap.

if the story-telling and the overall feeling fail, to me the game fail.

To me this game fails. There is a huge disconnection. You don t feel part of what you are doing. Graphic-wise i found it sorta of under par with titles are out there and also 1 year old. All seems very unreal, a mix between comic-book and arcadish.. There are some monster are diying in a way tey remind me of killing foes in SuperMario.

I am very disappointed.