Spartans Home

Batman Arkham City - a fair comment

Batwing~SPARTA~

Some time ago I posted about a very bad experience with Batman AC, ending in an RMA and Refund.

Also I stated the game was plagued with several bugs, at least reading several complaints on the official forum.

Finally, I had to reinstall my OS for other reasons and I went back to Batman AC to give a second shot. Also for the records a patch had been provided to solve many of the DX 11 issues the game had.

I feel I have to be fair with this game and i have at least to report that my new experience with the new patch installed has been flawless. Not 1 bug, glitch, issue of any kind.

I also have to say on the other side, the game is truly remarkable.

The story has a beautiful plot, there are plenty of side missions to keep you busy during and after the main plot is depleted. Animations are beautiful and actor voices are very nice.

New gadgets and a better management system allows to keep better track of your new perks and also to qiickly review keyb combos to refresh your memory on how to use the moltitude of toys and tricks you have.

I am very happy now I can play the game in full. For any batman fan this is a game you cannot miss (now is patched).

Just a couple of things i do not like:

1 - Joker trophies all over the place in the city. Way too many. Too much arcadish. Really disconnects from an atmosphere nice and dark. All the rest is fine, makes sense.. and then you have these one billion of stupid things almost on any freaking roof and object in the city. Really.. Riddle needs to get a life !! .. lol..

2 - New DLCs are oriented only to the "Challenge maps" and honestly, being the challenge maps the sort of "multiplayer" any game NEED to have (there is no freaking needs for multiplayer in this game - see stupid multy in Assassin creed -) I really don t give a crap about the challenge fight. i find it boring, repetitive and just a matter of macros.. which on PC do not even work too well - PLATFORM PORT - It would be great if they were delivering DLCs with "Story", missions.. something that makes sense...

i thought i had for a sake of faireness post this comment, because the game (when it works) is truly amazing.