Spartans Home

Holiday Deals

I know the Christmas season isn't about consumerism, and I'm not the type to bring pepper spray into Walmart *looks over shoulder* but thought we could have a thread for anyone looking for a deal this season. I just bought a 60gb SSD for about $70 on newegg. It's back up to $90 now, so I think that's a pretty good deal. What deals have you'all been able to get or are anticipating this season?

I know the Christmas season isn't about consumerism, and I'm not the type to bring pepper spray into Walmart *looks over shoulder* but thought we could have a thread for anyone looking for a deal this season. I just bought a 60gb SSD for about $70 on newegg. It's back up to $90 now, so I think that's a pretty good deal. What deals have you'all been able to get or are anticipating this season?

The Steam Autumn Sale has hit me for almost $100 bucks so far; I'm anticipating another $50 or so before it ends.

I also helped a family out that was looking for a cheap upgrade to their home entertainment options. We ended up getting them a Samsung Blu-Ray player that had Wi-Fi capability with firmware that allowed for access to things like Netflix. It was on sale for $79, and I helped them set-up a Netflix streaming account, which costs about $9/mo with tax. They are loving it.

P.S. I always carry pepper spray into Wal-Mart, although I've found that rednecks are mostly immune to it.