Spartans Home

Used monitor query

Ebden~SPARTA~

Three Samsung BX2440's are available through the local classifieds. I don't think it's worth $250(CAN) for one of the monitors. Samsung doesn't even advert the BX2440 as a gaming thing.

5ms response time. I read that is pretty important, and I can get three diff 24" models from the local futureshop for under $200.

My current samsung 2043snx, although small, has the same 5ms response time.

So worth the $250? My rig is a cobbled together quadcore, 2009-mid-range mobo, gpu MSI-5770. Ultra high settings are pushing it for me but I have managed that in a lower-populated BF3 server. What will I gain? I can appreciate the addition of a couple inches (who wouldn't :thumbsup_anim: )

I actually have 2 ASUS monitors for my PCs here. I enjoyed the ASUS monitors for a while and I am very happy with them.

I have a 23" 1920*1080 and a 24" 1920*1200. Difference between the 2 is minimal and the 24 " is very difficult to find. If you are on a budget, I would suggest you this one:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236079&cm_sp=Cat_Monitors-_-Daily_Deal-_-24-236-079

for $162(CAN) at 23" you cannot go wrong ! It is still a 5 ms respnse anyway.

OR

You go 24" with 2 ms GTG a bit more expensive :)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236049

ASUS monitors are good, don t be misleaded just by the brand name :)

RE: response time, it is a personal thing. Same way some people can not stand to look at a plasma vs lcd vs projector. All that matters is if it bothers you or not. Personally I can not tell a difference from 2ms to 8ms. I use 8ms IPS panels in my gaming rig and love them.

Eh, you could probably get some good new monitors for around the same price. Those Samsung monitors are more expensive than others because they give you the ability to "tilt,swivel,landscape,portrait and height adjust", which, let's be honest, you probably won't actually need. But hey, if you do, they might be worth it.

If, however, you don't need the ability to run the monitors in portrait mode, or adjust their stand height, then you'd be better off buying some brand new fixed-base monitors, like the ASUS mentioned above or one of the nicer Acer monitors (I personally love Acer, they make excellent monitors)