Spartans Home

rFactor

Sort

Hey all.

One game i miss on Sparta is rFactor.

It's a great racing game and totaly free from problems.

It's like GTR a simracing game and of course there is help to control the car.

The best with rFactor is all the tons of mods for the game.

There are all from Go-carts, F1 1950-2010, Rallycross and even a Bus mod.

I am a big fan of both GTR2 and rFactor and now i race with the F1 1977 mod.

Going in the corners with the Lotus 78 with oposite lock and smoking tires is loads of fun. :D

Does any one of you here have rFactor?

Would be great to race with ya again.

I remember the fun we had with GTR2 and all the laughs when we had a big crash in the first corner :P

Sort

I thought of picking this up since supposedly its cheap, but for how long its been out its not!

However someone has already made a track of the Austin GP 2012 circuit (way too flat and not that interesting it seems) and added it to a F1 2010 mod.

The only thing I have against rFactor is the mod cars look beautiful, but it makes the tracks and terrain look horrible in comparison.

(sorry for music, not my choice but oh well artistic expression I suppose, mute if you want)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yi2YFPM2qT4

But I think GTR2 is about the same speed maybe (I got that and loved it so much I got a Momo for it). BUT GTR Evo is alot better (graphically) and has "Green Hell" without any addons.

Personally I like GTR Evo as the sounds, ambiance, and graphics are still good. But Rfactor is $40 US which to me is kinda steep for an older game. I got Evo for $15 with Race 07. I'm just saying. I wish it was cheaper ($15-20) then I'd get it.

When i look at your video and see the track i see a track that is far from finished.

It looks like shit in the terrain and there are more things to do on that track.

You can find loads of tracks on http://www.nogripracing.com/index.php that is looking much better and they keep releasing updates on tracks.

What i like about rFactor is the mods and all the different cars to choose from.

Since i am a big fan of classic F1 racing rFactor is the game to get.

Edited by Sort

• 2 weeks later...

Any word on rFactor 2?

I just ate the cost of Shift2 and going to try to sell it, if that happens, may justify rFactor, but for me as soon as I buy an old game or one I missed, it seems there's either lack of online support, people that play (leaving only hardcore players usually and no slightly casual racers), or the game doesn't work well with newer OS's/Drivers/etc. (this happens 9/10 times) That's the Risk I'm looking at with spending almost as much on a new game for this. I've found myself playing Gran Turismo 5 alot lately and only 45% through A-spec, not to mention having plenty of fun. So still justifying my $90 I spent on Collectors Edition :).

I still have some of the GTR games though and they are installed (not sure about GTR2 at work).

I can assure you that rFactor is not a down buy.

There are loads of people around the world racing it and it keeps coming more and more mods.

I have no idea when rFactor2 will be released :(

GTR2 is still going good i think but for the loads of Mods rFactor is the game.