Spartans Home

Fulton surface-to-air recovery system

Cylawyer~SPARTA~

This is what I was talking about Medic.

The Fulton surface-to-air recovery system

250px-Fulton_system1.jpg 250px-Fulton_system2.jpg

It was used in a the Bond flick Thunderball as well as The Green Berets and The Dark Knight.

In The Green Berets it was the C-130 version that was used, not the earlier cargo plane for which I couldn't remember the name.

Pretty cool none-the-less!

This is the Spectre Gunship! 300px-AC-130H_Spectre_jettisons_flares.jpg FLARES DEPLOYED!!

Load her up: 220px-AC-130U_Aerial_Gunners.jpg

She carries the following: "The AC-130H "Spectre" is powered by four Allison T56-A-15 turboprops and is armed with two 20 mm M61 Vulcan cannons, one Bofors 40mm autocannon, and one 105 mm M102 cannon."

and

the Spooky variant:

220px-AC-130_Training.jpg 220px-Ac130_gunship.jpg

She is newer and carries this: "The upgraded AC-130U "Spooky" has a single 25 mm GAU-12 Equalizer in place of the Spectre's twin 20 mm cannons, as well as an improved fire control system and increased capacity for ammunition." This later variant was developed in the 1990s while I was in the Air Guard working on F16s and F15s, after I worked on the previous gunship while on active duty in the early 80's, so I never saw it up close.

BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! 220px-AC-130_firing_night.gif OUT GO THE LIGHTS!!!

and day time ops: 220px-DF-ST-89-00410.JPEG

ALL IMAGES AND DESCRIPTIONS TAKEN FROM EITHER WIKIPEDIA OR MY MEMORY. NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR INACCURACIES.