Spartans Home

SMAWS - ineffective?

Lightspeed~SPARTA~

This coop mission Im making is Vanilla Arma2 no Ace2.

I have a couple of armor units on the map and no matter how i try it seems nigh impossible to destroy them with SMAWs.

I hit them in the side and in the rear and still they roll on lol

I am using the HEDP - maybe not as effective as the HEAA?

Or is there a better rocket launcher that the Ghosts might use?

The SMAW is widely used and considered the best overall AT weapon in ArmA 2 by many if used with the HEAA rounds. HEDP can also devastate large groups of infantry.

Edited by DeltaSierra~SPARTA~

• 5 weeks later...

Sorry to rev an old thread but even well placed shots on tanks still takes 2 to get it to blow (in my experience). Maybe it had already been hit once?

But yes, SMAW's are the pimp-est anti-vehicle weapon in the game. Nothing more exciting than doing damage to a tank 1100 meters away with an unguided rocket!

Yep, i think you are right, it was probably already damaged.

I noticed in several occasions it needs a couple of shots for a tank. Sometimes after the first shot the crew flees tho, which is also better :)

And yes again, MAAWS is way too much accurate at long range. There is almost no drop on the rocket trajectory. Well , I never fired a real one, so I cannot really say how good or bad is that model

EDIT:

I just realized maybe we are talking of 2 different weapons, however the one I am talking about is way powerful :)

Edited by Batwing~SPARTA~