Spartans Home

BC2 browser - Server list ping

Batwing~SPARTA~

Well,

I had this problem, I asked around, no answer... so I fixed on my own and i thought to share in case someone else had the same issue.

PROBLEM:

No ping in server browser, just a "-"

SOLUTION (WIN 7):

Run game As Administrator and here you have all the pings...

Sweet :)

Now, theoretically I can also test the "Hitbox" modification lines !

Well,

I had this problem, I asked around, no answer... so I fixed on my own and i thought to share in case someone else had the same issue.

PROBLEM:

No ping in server browser, just a "-"

SOLUTION (WIN 7):

Run game As Administrator and here you have all the pings...

Sweet :)

Now, theoretically I can also test the "Hitbox" modification lines !

Excellent. Thanks for the tip. Is there a command line parameter to make it do this every time? Or do we have to right click and run as Admin each time?

yep,

I didn t think of the Advanced to set rus as Admin permanently.

However, i am using Win 7, from the game folder and .. interestingly, on those shortcuats into the game folder thhere is no "properties" option.

So, from the game folder you cannot enable a permanent option like that. You have to create another shortcut on your desktop and use that shortcut with the advanced options.

pretty silly, however.. true to say that after you set a few of good servers on favs, you don t really need the ping option anymore, or you seldom need it.

Actually the only reason i was looking for the Ping was related to that "hitbox" option from another post.

I noticed the servers where I play are between 45 and 65, so I set that up to an adjustment at 55, it should work...

We ll see :)