Spartans Home

Urban Patrol Script

Kavlarakos~SPARTA~

Yesterday I started experimenting with a complete reworked version of kronzkys UPS script. The author of the script Monsada has improved the script in alot of aspects.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=9213

Features:

- Fortify: Ai now starts after activation to take defensive positions in builings fortifications, mannes static weapons and vehicles. After i.e. the gunner of a static weapon is killed it will be manned again by another unit. Same thing with vehicles.

RandomUp: Places units inside the selected marker only in high building positions randomly inside the entire marker.

RandomDn: Places units inside the selected marker only in low building positions randomly inside the entire marker.

Reinforcement: Possibilty to define a group as reinforcement. After the selected marker is attacked by enemy reinforcement-units will move to selected marker.

And much, much more features. But these are the most important ones.

I have become a littlebit familiar with the script now and can highly recommend it for any mission makers.

Especially the fortify- and the RandomUp.feature saves a lot of work as it is not necessary anymore to place units in higher building positions. Needs usual a lot of time to find out the correct height of the building.

Maybe it also could be worthy to use this script inside Domination. Only problem I see for Domination is as we use an Opfor commander, who also gives orders to the AI units, it might cause a conflict between the orders of the human commander and the orders given by the script. But there should be a solution like to let the script be activated normal and if the opfor commander gives orders, his one will have priority.

Anyway I will use and test this script in future...