Spartans Home

EMT got ati 5870

EMT~SPARTA~

Very happy with this video card... Everything on high! and temp hovers around 64 degrees cel.

Woot woot

So glad to hear that the card is working well for you. While my short experience with a 5870 didn't work out, one very positive thing I can say about it was that the temps ran extremely low with a little manipulation of the fan settings, and I'm a bit concerned that yours is running even that high.

Just in case you're not already aware of this, you can manually control the fan settings in the CCC if you have it set for 'Advanced' options, and the settings are under the 'Overdrive' heading.

For non-gaming, I had the fan at 26%, which kept the temp down at 29 C. When running a game (which didn't work too often), I bumped the fan speed to 50%, and the temp hovered around 39 C.

Obviously the thermal conditions of the room and the case play a big part in this; I have a case with amazing airflow, so I would have been disappointed with anything less than the numbers above. Try increasing your fan speed; the trade-off is a bit more noise, but if there's no one complaining about it, why not?