Spartans Home

Way Points......

ChiefRedCloud

I know how to set Personal Way Points (PWP) but I noticed that on the SPARTA maps little green dots being placed like PWP paths.....and Flags of Different colour..... I'd like to learn how to do this or be directed to a link to learn for myself.

Also I've realize that different vehicles in game do different things......such as the MTV (Duec-in-half) can load static things such as AA, Machine guns, lights etec. But we were hard pressed on one of our (AGE) campaigns to get the ammo truck to reload either American or Russion (captured) equipment.

I've looked for basic info on all the above but can't seem to find it. I relise this is basically part of the mods....but it is also inherintlly part of the game or they most likley could not be calle dup...i.e. the animation mod for the ingame characters..... but this does not seem to be openly documented.......

You should be able to find most information in the Arma2 forum here or at BIS Studio's website. As for map markers, I believe I put a post somewhere around here dealing with that. If I can't find it, I'll make another one.

Basically, the waypoints you're seeing on the map (black dots) are simple map markers. Just point to somewhere on the map, and double-click. A black "X" with a circle around it should come up. From there, just use your curser up or down to change the marker. If you want to change the color, press shift + up/down on the curser.

Here are my typical map markers that I use when coordinating things...

1. Extract = Blue X with Circle around.

2. LZ = Blue X w/ Circle around + LZ and Chopper name

3. Clear LZ = Green X w/ Circle

4. Rally Point = White flag

5. Paradrop = yellow asterisk

6. Enemy marker = black dot w/ description

7. Air Transportation Waypoints = Black dot used in vehicle channel only

8. Land Transportation Waypoints = black dot with "L" or "R" at road intersections.

Lots of info, but easy once you get in game and start looking at it.

As for the Deuces loading stuff, I believe that's done though a special script, so is most-likely mission specific.

I'm just going to specify here. It's the up/down keys on your keyboard.

And there's a pile of different markers available for use. When doing LZs, I use the V-like mark in blue.

Enemies outside of AO - red checkmark with description

LZ - Blue V. usually it's my LZ, so it's named "LZ AJ"

anything else it dependent on the situation and my mood.