Spartans Home

Tracks in Colorado/Denver area

AJsarge

Does anybody live in the Denver area? I've been looking around for a track to take my bike to, but internet searches haven't turned up much besides one track in Pueblo. I know there's Bandemere, but that's a drag track and I think I'm after a road track (the circuit one that isn't an oval, but circles back on itself).

Bonus pictures of my bike taken from my FB page.

User posted image

User posted image

It's got all of the bags on it, but I only use either the tail bag or the saddle bags. Currently the later on it right now.

Does anybody live in the Denver area? I've been looking around for a track to take my bike to, but internet searches haven't turned up much besides one track in Pueblo. I know there's Bandemere, but that's a drag track and I think I'm after a road track (the circuit one that isn't an oval, but circles back on itself).

Bonus pictures of my bike taken from my FB page.

User posted image

User posted image

It's got all of the bags on it, but I only use either the tail bag or the saddle bags. Currently the later on it right now.

AJ, That is one beautiful looking bike. What is it? When did you get it, and how does it run?

-Behemoth

-Skazbr

Castle Rock, actually. That one town with the outlet mall between Denver and the Springs.

-Behemoth

Yamaha FZ6

About June/July

It uses a miniaturized version of the same engine used in your automobile. Linear, gasoline-fueled, motion is transformed into a rotary action (at approximately 1.5K RPM idling. I keep it at about 6K when cruising), which (through specific gearing) turns a sprocket connected to a chain. This chain is attached to another sprocket which turns the rear wheel. The rotary motion of the wheel is then transformed back into forward motion, thus moving the bike.

Or, i can just say that it runs amazingly. 600cc's, about 100 horsepower, zipping me along the road. The best bits of roads are actually left turns (or a double-right on the outside lane) while getting through a yellow light. Or this one bump in this one intersection...