Spartans Home

Coordinating Squads for Arma2

Lightspeed~SPARTA~

In previous GR squad play we would nominate people to fill the 'radioman' position.

Squads

Alpha

Squadleader

Radio*

Rifle

MG

Sniper

Bravo

Squadleader

Radio*

Rifle

MG

Sniper

Charlie

Squadleader

Radio*

Rifle

MG

Sniper

These 3 people would set up keybinds in TS to communicate with the other radio guys. Squadleaders would relay all comms/requests/orders thru the radio guy.

This way only 3 people were tied into a specific role and squads could otherwise be very fluid role/personnel wise.

It takes some getting used to.. but we found that this reflected battlefield conditions quite well.

actually while we are discussing this - one thing that i think should seriously be considered adding.

No Revive or Heal - just a Medic class.

Obviously we could swap the class roles at end of each or after a couple of village takedowns...but I think it would add an extra dimension and make the tactical more realistic and a persons life more valuable hence better teamwork and coordination.

I believe our reasoning for the revive, other than the Domination maps which last 24/7, are the fact that if you want to get a quick revive, you have to be around your buddies, or else you'll have to wait forever or respawn in a place you don't want to.

In our full-on tac server where we run real missions, we have the option you describe.