Spartans Home

G15 2 Gamers Keyboard

MedicSN6

Main things I noticed about this are:

1. Only 6 G keys instead of the original 18

2. No Volume control knob, very nice on the original

3. No folding LCD Panel, the new one is always open and can easily be scratched during transport

4. Changed colors from Blue to Orange. Blue is easier on the eyes, they should have kept the color the same or changed it to a semi-bright green, for example night vision as green is the easiest color for the eye to see and focus in.

Other than actually playing on one, these are my main concerns and frankly make the Original G15 KB the winner of the two. While the new G15 is a bit sleeker and geared for the crowed that demands gaming peripherals with a eye candy flare. Logitech has removed the "features" that made the original G15 a great gaming peripheral, but very functional out of game as well.

This new version might be the right thing for office users to create and use macros for Excel or Access or other programs that can use these features.

Edited by Medic~SPARTA~

I just got the G15 reciently and I am extremely happy with it. I have the original one, blue light with 18 G buttons.

I'm not keen on this new one really for the reasons Medic noted, The G11 is really nice since its the exact same as the G15 without the LCD, but I think the LCD is worth the extra cash.

on the note of the G15 though, maybe someone can help me with this.

There are 2 USB ports on the keyboard but I can't use them, I plugged in my joypad and got a message saying there was not enough power to power the USB device, then I plugged in my 512MB flash drive and I got the same message. does any one know if this is fixable?

cheers