Spartans Home

America's Army

MUTILATER

I reinstalled AA today after a long time (3 years), This game had issues when i played it last time thus i found better and moved on.

However this new version of a FREE game was a 3gig d/l and has lots of new content, surprisingly enough the maps are far bigger and the terrain is exceptionaly good. I have only joined a coop game so far and proceeded to get wasted by some very smart AI. The scene was jungle and was it hard to spot the enemy. Looking fwd to playing some more coop as i think it could be quite fun. The game also ships with a mission editor so creating maps may also be a possibility. Hosting is also included in the d/l.

If your looking for some variety ... Since it's free i do suggest you install this and have a go. Coop on first impression was worth it alone .. Stay tuned as i shall add to this thread to let you know more.

Maybe a few Spartans might be interested in some AA coop :)

BTW - Just so you know i have completed all the training modules so i am only restricted by honour now .. I'm a dumbass and had to start almost new as i can't remember my other account password, So i lost a high honour rank and this limits me to the number of servers i can join.

I do like AA for a break, plus it also works on my laptop, which is rare. The annoying thing is that the playing population is sooooo large that quite often in other servers the gameplay is a bit frenetic and inconsistent. There is also the "bunny hopping" feature to dodge bullets which looks funny the first time you see it, but it's really annoying.

Finally, I've heard that the US Army has not renewed its agreement with Punkbuster, so the number of cheats will likely go waaaay up when the license expires.

Any thoughts on these concerns. It is a good game otherwise.

Pro

• 1 month later...