Spartans Home

EvE -- API down till schedule / Extended downtime

NoScream~SPARTA~

EvE -- API down till schedule

reported by CCP Mitnal | 2008.03.13 06:19:43 | NEW

The API will not be enabled until after the next regular Downtime on Friday, 14 March, due to performance issues relating to the database.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Discussion of the Trin

That means 12.00 mid day Friday !

Get some 24Hr training marked up so you don't loose out. The API is the interface program that drives info to EveMon & the Vista Gadget bar monitor for Eve training SKILLS.

When I started EVE today to see what was up, the server was still down. I logged into the forums here and got Viii's update, however, whilst reading the above post the EVE client "checking status..." changed to "Server starting in 6 minutes 48 seconds..."

Yippee! I thought. I might just get to do a mission before going to work this morning after all. After waiting the very long 6, almost 7, minutes, I anxiously typed in my password and clicked CONNECT. The usual loading bars came up. Connecting... then Authentication.... then WHAM!!! "CONNECTION FAILED The cluster is not currently accepting connections."

Well okay then. I will just have to wait to play a game that I pay for every month.

Hmmm... I wonder if WOW has problems like this. How much does WOW cost to play? Oh wait.... WOW sucks, never mind. I'll just have to wait for CCP to sort out their problems and get back to me. I hope I am on their memo list.

For a morning filled with early excitement and anxiety at the thought of getting to shoot some rats and take their loot before going to work where I constantly have to treat stupid people like they are Einstein, this morning is kind of sucking so far. I hope work isn't as sucky. The next twelve hours should prove interesting.

Time is now extended to 1500 GMT.

"Dear players, today's Downtime will be extended further due to deployment taking a bit longer than originally announced. We expect to have Tranquility up and open for business at about 15.00 GMT."