Spartans Home

Sins Of A Solar Empire

CoBoL~SPARTA~

Both Slain and I have this. It is a great game although I have played it mainly in single player mode. Slain however, has played numerous MP games on the net and has said it was great.

The games can last for a good time period but fortunately the MP games are savable, letting players resume the games at later dates.

The game strikes me as a suped up Homewrold 2 but with some distinct advantages.

The main advantage/feature of Sins is the zoom feature wherein when focused on a ship, structure or planet, you can zoom all the way in or all the way out which lets you view the whole solar system or galaxy you are trying to take over and occupy.

The down side is that with so much going on at multiple planets you do spend a good bit of time zoomed out partially. Just enough to see one or two planets at a time. The action comes with the animations of the ships them selves but you have to be zoomed in almost all the way to see the intricacies of the animations.

Also available online are the map and modding tools. these were made available release day.

Slain has advised me tht there is a patch to be released this coming week.

I would like to see at least two more of us get this game so we can do a 4 person game or 2 vs 2. It would be great.

Medic basically said it all the mp games tend to be faster passed than the ones against comps with back and forth battles to take over single planets happening pretty early on some of the smaller maps. Mp games can last from anywhere from 1 hour to 5 plus on the bigger maps. Its a fun game with with many paths to victory.

Like medic said a 2vs2 would be great some of the best times i have have been working with others to push an enemy back or attack from one side while my ally keeps them busy on the other.

Ok, I will give it ago.

PayPal Shopping Cart Contents

Item Name:

Sins of a Solar Empire (Digital Download)Item Number: PSD-SOS-Y277

Quantity: 1

Total: $44.95 USD

Cart Subtotal: $44.95 USD

VAT:

Cart Total: $44.95 USD