Spartans Home

A decent waterproof bluetooth speaker if your looking for one

Zathrus~SPARTA~

I had a little christmas money and I wanted a Bluetooth Speaker. The back porch of my house has a very wide sliding glass door going into the living area. This sliding glass door

provides excellent view of my main TV. I tend to use my back porch as my smoking room, as neither me nor the wife likes cigarette smoke in a house so I always go outside.

But also, I have a nice view so it is pleasant to sit and watch a football game while also seeing a lot of nature go by.

I did not want to drill holes in my exterior walls if not necessary. In the desert, any opening to the outside can eventually become an entry point for unwanted pests.

So I thought Bluetooth might be a good alternative to running speaker wires to the porch.

I discovered this speaker on sale 75-868-140-02.jpgI

I found it at Newegg for $65 here http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16875868140

This unit is still on sale at the time of this posting. The one I ordered arrived last week.

I have to say this speaker seems well built as so far I have already dropped it about 3.8 feet (1.16M) onto concrete... and this has had no negative effect on it. :allgood:

Being well built is super important for clumsy old men like me :yes: ... or people with kids around... or if it goes camping.

It is in a very compact package and in spite of its small size, produces really rich full sound. Much better sound than I expected from such a small package.

Much better than the TV's stereo speakers which I know is not saying much, but remember this is in a very small portable IP67 waterproof/dustproof chassis.

IP67 certified means it is splash proof, heavy rain proof & dust proof.... NOT underwater proof :no:

In short, if your looking for a fairly rugged compact Bluetooth speaker I can highly recommend this one... especially at this sale price of $65.

note: the speaker is receiver only, you must have a Bluetooth device or transmitter to drive it.

Edited by Zathrus~SPARTA~