Spartans Home

how do you spell insane?

Zathrus~SPARTA~

Ok.. I think these guys are somewhere in Eastern Europe. Somehow, they got the cops to let them do it after telling them what they were doing (making a video)

Somehow, they convinced the cop to just stay ahead of them and make sure the road is clear.

But while they may have had the cops in their pocket, this is a fairly busy road they are testing these 1500 bhp cars on.

One mistake by one of the other drivers just using the road would have killed them all. (ie someone deciding to switch into their lane, not realizing the headlights they see a mile back are only a few seconds away)

There was a road near me in Indiana that was used a lot for drag racing when I lived near Indianapolis Indiana.

This was a 4 lane road inside the city limits with a center divider. The stop lights were exactly 1/4 mile apart for about 5 miles.

As a result of that perfect spacing, it was used very often as drag racing road.

One night, two cars were drag racing, (at the stupid time of 8pm) a car pulled up on a side street... he saw their headlights, but did not realize they were both going over 100 mph.

he pulled out into closest lane. 3 seconds later, all three cars were completely destroyed, killing everyone in the cars, and damaging houses all along the road for 1/2 mile as debris careened down the road.

I did a lot of drag racing myself, once on the road above at 2am in the morning. But because I could not trust that an innocent car might pull out in front of me, I switched to track racing only early on.

While you may trust your own driving abilities and car, putting the wild card of unsuspecting non racing cars entering lanes is just not enjoyable to me.

These guys are nuts....

Edited by Zathrus~SPARTA~

Whacko.

Funny story, my TiVo broke at the weekend, the engineer that came round was a car guy, turns out he does drift racing at Europe's only custom built drift track - and it's 15 miles from my house!! Going this weekend :)