Spartans Home

Radiator Fans

Krambo

Hi,

Basically I have a corsair H60 CPU cooler

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Corsair-CWCH60-Performance-Radiator-All-In-One/dp/B004MYFOE2

I have fans setup on it in a push pull config, but basically the fans suck.

So i have purchased some new ones, but they have the 4pin molex connectors not the 3pin so the mobo wont control them.

Basically I just want to know what is the best way to control these fans?

Should I be using the fan headers on the mobo? or should i connect them straight into my PSU? Or should i be running them off a fan controller.

The thing is for some reason they dont have the 3 pin and I cant find any proper adapters

The only adapters I have found have 2 wires, so can't adjust RPM so its the same as direct to PSU.

Help.

Thanks

sometimes u can put in 4 pin in a 3 pin connector

then u have to go by mobo adjustment (RPM)

or i use something like speed fan (if u have newer mobo )

http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php

A 4-pin Molex and a 3-pin fan connector are two vastly different things.

Just find a free Molex connector on your PSU and daisychain your fans on it. You can have quite a few fans on Molex, I think I had 3 on one at one point.

Yeah i got in touch with the company i got the fans off and turns out they are 3pin not molex so problem solved anyway.

Feel free to close the thread but thanks for your help guys.

A 4-pin Molex and a 3-pin fan connector are two vastly different things.

Just find a free Molex connector on your PSU and daisychain your fans on it. You can have quite a few fans on Molex, I think I had 3 on one at one point.

i made a mistake here indeed they where direkt ^power connectors u need the other onces or adapter my bad