Spartans Home

Blown away by this PS3 shooter

Rocky

Apparently I am way behind on some gaming scenes, but it has its major advantages....

Sony released their official sharpshooter gun for the PS3 about 2 years ago, and I only just found about about. It's a fantastic piece of kit, and available brand new now for only 15 quid! There are 3 games (top rated) that are compatible with it, and they are all available for about a tenner each! So I splashed out on all 3 games and the gun.

One of them is Resistance 3. I remember when it came because there was a right old buzz about it, but it never grabbed my attention really.

Oh my god.

This game is really fantastic. What really surprised me though are the graphics, without exaggerating, I can't think of a PC game that I own that matches it - they are really superb.

One scene is based in a wind torn street, signposts bending in the wind, the wind howling around, it really is very well done.

The stealth mission has you dodging a bunch of snipers in the hills through a valley with mist rollling over a stream. Beautiful.

The lighting, music, and gameplay are superb.

Recommended, if like me you are behind on PS3 games.

Edited by Rocky