Spartans Home

Not everyone likes us Big Worm

I have never been in the military so pardon my ignorance. Is there something wrong with apache pilots?(and gunner) do they tear stuff up to much? do they use monochrome monitors like jackseven?=')

hehe

Edited by Grizzly

lol no clue. I'm willing to bet that the guy on the ground probably heard someone complaining how dumb/crazy/hard to get ahold of apache pilots are, and decided to make an ignorant remark.

I don't know how it was in that video, though, but I do know that Kiowas were in the air almost 24hrs a day every day of the week, when I only saw about 3-4 days of Apaches in the air.

He might have just been trying to suck up to the Kiowa pilots so they would cooperate with him in the future.

And, when I meant I'd say the same thing, I meant if I had the chance I'd probably spout something stupid off making a fool of myself :winner_first:

lol no clue. I'm willing to bet that the guy on the ground probably heard someone complaining how dumb/crazy/hard to get ahold of apache pilots are, and decided to make an ignorant remark.

I don't know how it was in that video, though, but I do know that Kiowas were in the air almost 24hrs a day every day of the week, when I only saw about 3-4 days of Apaches in the air.

He might have just been trying to suck up to the Kiowa pilots so they would cooperate with him in the future.

And, when I meant I'd say the same thing, I meant if I had the chance I'd probably spout something stupid off making a fool of myself :winner_first:

Also the guys on the ground might have known it was Apaches and called them names in good fun but that is not always the case. Hard to say.

ya I did something simular once to the BNCO (useless sack of shit he was). We were in the field and he was in his HMMWV blowing in to the mic trying to figure out if the radio was working (I could see him doing it and hear the blowing in my headset) so I keyed up and said "MadDog 66, Be Advised, Radios do not require inflation before use. OUT!"

He went balistic demanding to know who it was. No one saw me and I was smart enough not to answer. Call signs have been changed to protect the guilty :)

everyone laughed about it except him and 10 years later I still think he was as useful as a bag full of assholes

good times

Edited by Steel~Sparta~

ya I did something simular once to the BNCO (useless sack of shit he was). We were in the field and he was in his HMMWV blowing in to the mic trying to figure out if the radio was working (I could see him doing it and hear the blowing in my headset) so I keyed up and said "MadDog 66, Be Advised, Radios do not require inflation before use. OUT!"

He went balistic demanding to know who it was. No one saw me and I was smart enough not to answer. Call signs have been changed to protect the guilty :)

everyone laughed about it except him and 10 years later I still think he was as useful as a bag full of assholes

good times

I had a similar conversation with my best friend tonight on how leadership affects everyone from the top down. It's amazing how easily respect can change everything. And yes, I have been on a binge. :)