Spartans Home

Mobo Customer Service

Ebden~SPARTA~

Y'all haven't seen much of me, unless we're pals on Steam then my name'll pop up putzing in GTAIV. My Mobo is the shits, and I'm going to RMA the thing on Monday. My BSOD issues are narrowed down to a generalized hardware failure that isn't the result of drivers or GPU.

I'll be out that Mobo for a couple months, and I'm looking into a new build (yes,I am following the thread Need a New Computer)

However-of the various manufacturers, who offers the best all around support for their gear? Best telephone tech support, best literature on how to setup and troubleshoot their mobos?

Gigabyte is poo. Their tech-support e-mails are useless offering zippo real advice. However the RMA was easy enough to setup.

Asus? MSI? Others?

Good for you. Did you choose any of those components based on customer service reputation?

Actually, yes. All are top brands with very good reliability and the specific products all had high satisfaction scores on newegg and most of them were spoken well of by fellow Spartans.

Antec - Excellent cases but might start looking at the Corsair Obsidian series for something new.

Corsair - Excellent products with a streamline RMA system which I have never needed to use.

Gigabyte - What is there to say about one of the longest lasting Mobo manufacturers around? Viiiper has two of the boards I bought and loves them afaik.

EVGA - life time warranty with free registration (which you need to do to get the latest versions of their utilities anyways)

Intel - Get it from a MicroCenter for $100 off a walkin purchase. (I drove an hour+ to the nearest store to get mine)

WD Caviar drive - nuff said.

This, as with anything really, is a case-in-point for "you get what you pay for." Granted I know that not everyone has money to drop on a new rig. I needed to dump some tanking stock and decided to build a new rig instead of buy more stock. Your situation is your own.

This is a very thricky question to answer.

Mostly due to the fact that CS or tech Support is something you really don t know till the moment u have to use it.

Also, experience varies because it s mostly due to your luck to get someone competent on the other end of the line. It s a human being situation, some are goood other are not.

I have to say I trusted ASUS for their MoBos and I had a solid CS experience recently with my last purchase. For the first time I ve been very disappointed on the product itself, but I have to say the tech support was excellent and friendly and very quick.

I have a P6T SE I already had to RMA twice so far. i have the third one running at the moment and I have a strong feeling it will give me some other problems, but I ll keep it till it exhale the last breath.

tech Support at ASUS was very good tho. When you have MB failure, really there is not much you can do. RMA is the only soltion and there comes handy the service speed. ASUS was excellent. The first MB was dead out of the box and Newegg did the best they could to speed up the issue.

The second MB died on me 6 months later. It didn t really die, the network died, so the PC was still usable with a wireless adapter. ASUS sent me the new one first, so I was able to not be without a machine and my only down time was the time for swapping the 2 when i got the package. All prepaid and I sent the old one back to them later on.

I think is the model that sucks. I had ASUS MB for years and never ever had an issue.

With all that said, when this will die, i m not sure if i will go with ASUS again. i mean, if i see a very nice model from them, yes, why not but i will keep an eye on other solid brands and my choice will be mostly related to the specs, not the support.

This is commercial electronic, furthermore it will be obsolete anyway in about 1 year, so when i buy this stuff i only hope it will survive 1 year at least. If it dies later, it s time to change it anyway.

Edited by Batwing~SPARTA~