Spartans Home

win 7 and my nwt work adp

Snowshoe

single dropping ok when just surfing thenet (sometimes)

when i trying to game on line i connect and then it drops off

even with no browser open and ts only i still get disnonnected.

my router is a 2wire ( bt business router)

my mother board is asus m2nsli delux

the ethernet is on the motherboard dont have a stand alone one

dont know the bios

on upgrading from vista home pre 64bit to win7 64bit it started playing up ( worked fine with vista) disconected when even on surfing called bt and they sent a guy out to fix as customer service said there was a fault on my line, guy was here over 60 mins and then went away to the excharge and came back and ran more tests told me the cable 144 kl meteres away was faulty and my bb should be ok now.

surfing seems ok it seems to have stopped dropping and think else no chance.

when i was down loading the patches for a2 and op ah i had to restart 3/4 times till i finally got it

he went away and i a tried to game on line and it started again phoned bt cservice and they said a underground lne team was going to fix the underground cable by this monday ( 12/07/2010)

when it discon it says local area connection NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller #2 and the trouble shoot try to reconnect which works every time, but no good when trying to play online.

here is a link to win7 forum seems i am not the only person with same problem

http://windows7forum...nnecting-5.html

and here is another link to win7 forum with same problem again

http://social.techne...9f-d7a4d685b3fe

I hope i can get some help as to be honest i dont fancy buying a new motherboard and chip.

i dont mind buying a stand alone ethernet adapter but as i cant fit it my self ( dont tell me its easy i dont fiddle in pc cases) my talents with my hands lie elsewhere :0)

Edited by Snowshoe

Hi there, thx for opening this thread and thx for the info.

Reading the second link to social technet, the solution that guy provides with the Netshells commands sound very very interesting.. i would test that as first step.

It says to copy those commands on the "elevated" prompt, which for non-teckies doesn t mean anything.

what you have to do to get the Elevated rights is:

on the RUN line (start) type CMD, then right click the program and choose RUN AS ADMIN, now you have the prompt with ELEVATED rights :)

Copy and paste those commands and cross your fingers and prey they work. They should indeed.

Let me know about that attempt ASAP, while I am searching info about your motherboard and chipset.

Ok, some news:

Your motherboard uses a Marvell PHY network Chip. Asus has no drivers on their site for that, but the Marvell support site has a new Win 7 64 bit driver released on April 2010 (pretty new).

I downloaded for you and is this file attached here.

If the previous solution with the Netshell commands does not work, update your ethernet driver with this one.

Check the README file:

follow these instructions:

4 Parameters

The driver allows you to modify several options in order to optimize the

operation of your adapter.

1. In "Network Connections", right-click the adapter you want to configure.

2. Select "Properties".

3. Click "Configure".

4. Click "Advanced".

5. In the "Property" box, select the option you want to change.

6. Enter the desired value in the "Value" box.

7. Click OK .

The operating system will reload the driver with the changed settings.

And then, be sure these 2 values are DISABLED:

Large Send Offload (IPv4)

--------------------------

Used to control the capability of Large Send Offload for IPv4 traffic.

Default value: "Enabled"

Valid values:

- "Enabled":

The big packets are segmented on the adapter before sent

to the network. Using this method, load will be taken from

the processor.

- "Disabled":

The packets are not segmented by the adapter.

NOTE: This parameter is only available starting with adapters based on the

Yukon2 chip.

Large Send Offload v2 (IPv4),

Large Send Offload v2 (IPv6)

------------------------------

Used to control the capability of Large Send Offload version 2 for IPv4 and

IPv6 traffic.

And then test again :)

Valid values:

- "Enabled"

- "Disabled"

NOTE: These parameters are not available for every adapter type.

yk62x64_v11.25.3.3.zip

Ok, some news:

Your motherboard uses a Marvell PHY network Chip. Asus has no drivers on their site for that, but the Marvell support site has a new Win 7 64 bit driver released on April 2010 (pretty new).

I downloaded for you and is this file attached here.

If the previous solution with the Netshell commands does not work, update your ethernet driver with this one.

Check the README file:

follow these instructions:

4 Parameters

The driver allows you to modify several options in order to optimize the

operation of your adapter.

1. In "Network Connections", right-click the adapter you want to configure.

2. Select "Properties".

3. Click "Configure".

4. Click "Advanced".

5. In the "Property" box, select the option you want to change.

6. Enter the desired value in the "Value" box.

7. Click OK .

The operating system will reload the driver with the changed settings.

And then, be sure these 2 values are DISABLED:

Large Send Offload (IPv4)

--------------------------

Used to control the capability of Large Send Offload for IPv4 traffic.

Valid values:

- "Enabled":

The big packets are segmented on the adapter before sent

to the network. Using this method, load will be taken from

the processor.

- "Disabled":

The packets are not segmented by the adapter.

NOTE: This parameter is only available starting with adapters based on the

Yukon2 chip.

Large Send Offload v2 (IPv4),

Large Send Offload v2 (IPv6)

------------------------------

Used to control the capability of Large Send Offload version 2 for IPv4 and

IPv6 traffic.

And then test again :)

Valid values:

- "Enabled"

- "Disabled"

NOTE: These parameters are not available for every adapter type.

I got another bt specalist coming ouut tomorrow after noon, and i have ordered a stand alone ethernet adp with drivers. i am not very go at messing about with computer settings. i am going to try taking off the e cable and conecting by usb2 cable is if that helps.

Hi Snow,

I know that messing up with specific solutions like this one can be quite frustrating.

However be adviced that you might need to mess up with some settings also if you ordered another adapter and that may happen because most of the time the drivers coming with any kind of hardware are obsolete in the box itself. We do not really know when they boxed that hardware and conseequentely the drivers inside may already be old.

I do not fully understand what do you mean with connecting a USB adapter. it sounds like you did not get an internal network adapter but you got an external one which will connect to a USB port (I remember you said you are not comfy with installing an internal adapter... your handy skills are good for other good stuff ... :) )

Is good to see that another BT rep will be there. It is interesting also that although your problem doesn t really belong to the connectivity you have, BT continues to confirm they had connectivity issues in your area.

This lead me to think either they have no idea what are they talking about or you are suffering 2 issues at the same time. An issue due to your provider, with problems on cable connection and another totally separated issue related to your operating system and your network adapter.

The 2 are not related and they exist just for a weird coincidence at the same time :)

However if BT solve their issue is always good for you, doens t matter how the other problem will be solved :)

Hi Snow,

I know that messing up with specific solutions like this one can be quite frustrating.

However be adviced that you might need to mess up with some settings also if you ordered another adapter and that may happen because most of the time the drivers coming with any kind of hardware are obsolete in the box itself. We do not really know when they boxed that hardware and conseequentely the drivers inside may already be old.

I do not fully understand what do you mean with connecting a USB adapter. it sounds like you did not get an internal network adapter but you got an external one which will connect to a USB port (I remember you said you are not comfy with installing an internal adapter... your handy skills are good for other good stuff ... :) )

Is good to see that another BT rep will be there. It is interesting also that although your problem doesn t really belong to the connectivity you have, BT continues to confirm they had connectivity issues in your area.

This lead me to think either they have no idea what are they talking about or you are suffering 2 issues at the same time. An issue due to your provider, with problems on cable connection and another totally separated issue related to your operating system and your network adapter.

The 2 are not related and they exist just for a weird coincidence at the same time :)

However if BT solve their issue is always good for you, doens t matter how the other problem will be solved :)

hi_sexy.gif:hop12:

my router is a bt business router which i think is made in the usa. i picked this as i didnt like the bt router that was supplied. it a fab router and i have never had a problem with it .

http://www.2wire.com/index.php?p=479

it has usb ports on the back of the router and this is how many moons ago use to connect the router to the back of my pc and it worked fine. then bt told me not to use a usb 2 cable use ethernet cable which also was suppied in the box, so i started to use that and it was fine with that also thnk t was a little faster.

this is the bit I ordered

Edimax EN-9260TX-E 10/100/1000 PCIe Ethernet Adapter

http://www.legionofs...6660&qpid=57399

picked this as i went to the makers web site and there a big box sayng it supports windows 7

http://www.edimax.co...1_id=2&pl2_id=9

win7-for-web.jpg<-------------------- :thumbsup_anim: :banana_dance: :thumbsup_anim:

Edited by Snowshoe

Great Snow,

That should be a perfect solution for you.

Installation should be really a breeze, you open your box, you put that into a PCI (not PCIe) available slot, close the box, power up and Win7 should recognize it and install it in a snap. probably you will not need any driver for that, Win will do its job.

Then connect the ethernet cable to it, and you should be rolling :)